This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

LIVE from the Camino Reservations

simoneva

Time of past OR future Camino
frances (2016)
norte/primitivo (2017)
aragon/frances/salvador/norte (2018)
frances (2019)
My experience starting 16th sep in oviedo.

Day1 booked 8km after grado but left oviedo late so cancelled and decided to try my luck in grado. arrived 1830. Main albergue full. Quintana almost full but got a bed.

Day 2 el espina. Contacted bodenya full; el texu closed today only; buen Camino no response to phone or email; booked aladino. 18 beds and I am the only one here. Lonely but covid safe!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thanks for your on-the-ground report, very helpful for those who come after you. Buen Camino.

Day 3 samblissimo closed or full. Borres one albergue closed and the other full. Got bed in campiello

Day 4 arrived 1530 berducedo and got bed in municipal. Seems full now.

So my conclusion is not critical to book. There will probably be beds somewhere in two adjacent towns. However check before walking 8km to the next town. Also if you want the cheapest or a specific albergue then book.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Having hard time with finding accommodation because I don’t have a phone. And usually don’t get an answer to email. Hostels are not albergues. Maybe I’ll find another site. Camino del Norte out of Zarautz

Most read last week in this forum