• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

San Sebastián's albergue

peregrina2000

Staff member
I am just starting to look at individual stages because I am going to be meeting someone halfway through this Camino. And I see that San Sebastián now has an albergue -- good news -- but it's only open in July and August -- bad news.

Last time I was on the Norte, which was more than a decade ago, the only albergue in town was a youth hostel way out of town, so we went to a pensión. What do others suggest? This will be late May. Thanks, buen camino, Laurie

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Pension Amaiur in the old town. One of the few buildings to survive the sacking and burning by the Poms in the peninsular War. Not cheap but very good. The owner has good English, but she is not always on site.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Laurie,
Last April we arrived in San Sabastian by bus and walked from there a short distance to our pre-booked lodging "Pension Grosen" for 2 nights. It wasn't expensive and worked well for siteseeing before we started our Camino. We chose to start in SS instead of Irun as it's a nicer city and I didn't want to start out with the rather difficult uphill climb out of Irun on the very first day of walking.
Chris

I can highly recommend A Room In The City:

http://www.aroominthecity.eu/

Jill

I too can recommend a Room in the city! Drawer lockers under each bed and key card entrance to each room, with lovely built in bunk beds and curtains around. The most private, public sleeping I have done.

Kathy

PS - I stayed there and hiked the Coast from Bidart to San Sebastian, taking the train from Amara each day. It was great!

I stayed at the Urban House Hostal. Very central, 24.50 euros.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I also stayed in Urban House hostel, twice. I slept in the 4 bed dorm. Both times I was lucky to get bed by window. My visits were in October without booking ahead.

Buen Camino.

Most read last week in this forum