• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Sandles or Thongs

Colleen

My pack weight excluding water is 6.865kgs and I can reduce the weight further if I replace my Tevla sandles with rubber thongs (flip flops). Would these be sufficient as I understand they are only for use at the end of each day's walking. Also I have reduced my warm clothing to one super fine thermal (Ice Breaker) and a mid weight (200) fleece. Is this sufficient for leaving from SJPDP this week. Should I include a light weight beanie and gloves. I am sorry if this topic has appeared before as I am unsure if I had posted it correctly. This forum has been a marvellous help, thank you. Colleen

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I would advise sandals. Although I only got a blister on one little toe, I couldn't walk in my 4 year old and very well worn boots and had to wear my sandals for a couple of days. Walked in September so can't comment on the need for warm clothing in April but llightweight gloves were very handy for the chilly mornings. Your water will weigh about 1kg/litre so try to get your pack weight down a bit more if you can.

Walked from SJPdeP in September 2005 and wish I could do it again but it's a long way from Australia!

Thanks Julie. I am also from Australia and will take your advice and pack the sandles and light weight Gloves.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum