A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Sandles or Thongs

My pack weight excluding water is 6.865kgs and I can reduce the weight further if I replace my Tevla sandles with rubber thongs (flip flops). Would these be sufficient as I understand they are only for use at the end of each day's walking. Also I have reduced my warm clothing to one super fine thermal (Ice Breaker) and a mid weight (200) fleece. Is this sufficient for leaving from SJPDP this week. Should I include a light weight beanie and gloves. I am sorry if this topic has appeared before as I am unsure if I had posted it correctly. This forum has been a marvellous help, thank you. Colleen

Donating Member
I would advise sandals. Although I only got a blister on one little toe, I couldn't walk in my 4 year old and very well worn boots and had to wear my sandals for a couple of days. Walked in September so can't comment on the need for warm clothing in April but llightweight gloves were very handy for the chilly mornings. Your water will weigh about 1kg/litre so try to get your pack weight down a bit more if you can.

Walked from SJPdeP in September 2005 and wish I could do it again but it's a long way from Australia!
Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
R Valdez Equipment Questions 26
Karen2017 Equipment Questions 8

OLDER threads on this topic

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • February

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 17 5.4%
  • April

Votes: 56 17.7%
  • May

Votes: 78 24.6%
  • June