• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

sending things to General Delivery in spain?

orlaithballach

in the US, one used to be able to send things "general delivery" (it isn't common anymore). this went: the post office would receive an item with your name on it marked "general delivery" and they would hold it for some amount of time, and you could then pick it up with just some form of identification.

is this done in Spain at all? i am wondering whether it would be possible to mail "care packages" to myself prior to leaving here, and pick them up as i go saving on carrying weight along the way? it was just a thought that occurred to me, and i wondered if anyone knew if it was possible, or had done it.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

orlaithballach,

Yes it is done in Spain.

See these helpful earlier Forum threads which discuss mailing packages in Spain.
miscellaneous-topics/topic17253.html
and
el-camino-frances/topic12880.html

Buen Camino,

Margaret Meredith

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum