• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Sharing and Saving Memories of your walk

Penny Kingma

Never Stop Trying !
Time of past OR future Camino
For those of you starting out this year...
when I left Ontario,Canada in May 2016 I left behind a supportive but worried family...my wonderful husband, 5 children and 6 grandchildren. They all encouraged me to go....but as I was going alone...they were concerned. I promised to stay in touch as much as possible.
I ended up posting my pre Camino prep as well as my daily celebrations and struggles of my Camino on Facebook. It was a great way of keeping my family and friends at home informed of my daily progress.
I think I had just two days I couldn’t connect to post.
It felt like I brought those I loved along with me. I had daily friend requests from people at home wanting to follow my trip. I put my loved ones at ease by showing them my progress and they encouraged me with their comments.
The bonus came when I returned home, in being able to have the experience made into a hard cover book. It’s called a social book made up through Facebook. You just pick the days wanted and purchase.
I went from my prep days before I left until my return home.
It’s a treasure I pick up constantly. As I posted daily with pictures it beautifully follows my Camino experience....as well as comments from all those at home.
The posts just took a few minutes everyday....the rewards in doing so will last a lifetime.
Rereading my story will encourage me to get strong to return.

Attachments

• 20190119_054849.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 44
  • 20190119_054816.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
What a great idea!! I had no idea Facebook even offered this! And you're right, "what a treasure!"

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum