• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Sleeping in Santiago

Time of past OR future Camino
2006 to date: Over 21 Caminos. See signature line
I would like to encourage people who have a sense of adventure to stay in places OTHER than the aulbergues and refugios in Santiago!

Joe and I simply walked up the main street and looked for signs in the window stating they had rooms to rent. We then looked at the rooms until we found something we liked. We ended up staying in a nice clean room with single bed and shared shower for $25 per night for the TWO of us. That's only $12.50 each. I can't think of the name offhand, and Joe's in the desert, but when he calls I'll ask because he'll remember.

This place was a 3 minute walk to the cathedral.

If you have a few extra euros, take a chance! We had a nice, private, peaceful sleep and very clean showers! We did this several times along the Camino.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Anniesantiago this is just what I want, would u post the name of this hotel in santiago nd if u could remember the names of such like along the way from sarria to santiago please
waiting in anticipation with thanks

Most read last week in this forum