• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Starting Camino Oct 2nd, going shopping for gear in 2 days!

Jonathon

I'm planning on walking the Camino Frances, leaving October 2nd and need to finish by Nov 12th.

At the moment I have nothing but a packing list...

Among some other smaller things I'm planning on buying
  • Good waterproof running shoes (not hiking boots)
  • Rain jacket
  • 1 quick dry long sleeve shirt
  • 1 quick dry short sleeve shirt
  • 1 pair of rainproof/quick dry long pants
  • 1 pair of shorts
  • Beanie
  • Gloves
  • 2 pairs of quick dry underwear
  • 2 (?) pairs of socks??
  • 1 sleeping bag liner thing

Will I need a fleece in october? More shirts? Any suggestions?

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
If it is chilly, will you be warm wearing the underwear, short sleeve shirt, long sleeve shirt, and rain jacket? If the answer is "no," then take the fleece!

Haha, I guess the answer is I don't know! How chilly does it get? Maybe I will take a light fleece "just in case". I'm sure I wont regret it

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Jonathon: My packing list is similar to yours, but I did get a very small sleeping bag and a microfiber (quick dry) towel. I start my Camino Sept. 24 from Roncesvalles. Buen Camino!

Most read last week in this forum