• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Starting From Porto April 11th

Marco TM

Time of past OR future Camino
Porto-Santiago (2017)
I'm gonna start my first camino from Porto in about 1 week, and hopefully reach Santiago around 10 days later.
Do you confirm the Inland Route will be more populated than the Costal one? I'm afraid of not meeting anybody until Tui...

Anyone else going around that dates?

Marco

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Yes it will.

Bom Caminho!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Hi Marco - I'm hoping to walk Porto to Santiago from 1 to 12 May, and am wondering if you'd like to exchange notes on preparation. Have you decided on doing the inland route or will you stick closer to the coast?

FYI, I start from Lisbon on 27 April 2017. Once at Porto, I plan to take the central route this time. I last walked the coastal route in 2015.

Once we all reach São Pedro de Rates, we are all on the same route anyway, on our way to Valença. The inland route has more pilgrims, but also more infrastructure: albergues, hostals, cafes / bars, tienda, ATMs etc.

It is a relative degree of difference, but it works for me.

If you see me, you will know me by my distinctive coloration, I prefer day-glo safety yellow/green (see my avatar). Look for the cap. I use two hiking sticks and I wear a 48 L Osprey Kestrel rucksack (green) with a bunch of patches sewn on.

In fact, I am sometimes referred to as the "pilgrim in parrot plumage." Hey, a driver MAY hit me, but he will see me first...and likely die of laughter...

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

I am starting on April 7th from Porto and on to Finistere and Muxia once reaching Santiago. Long range weather forecast is looking great...so far.

I will be walking (every step, I hope) from Porto starting April 17, taking the Central route to SdC and then on to Muxia and Finisterre. Bom Caminho.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi Marco - I'm hoping to walk Porto to Santiago from 1 to 12 May, and am wondering if you'd like to exchange notes on preparation. Have you decided on doing the inland route or will you stick closer to the coast?

Hi,
I am a woman, and pretend to walk on the same date as you and same route.
Would you please give me some tips on preparation and routes? I would prefer the coastal route.
Cheers.
Lindxinha

Most read last week in this forum