• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Starting in Tui

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances, Jul-Aug 05, Frances, Jul-Aug 06, Portugues, Oct 2010
Is Tui to Santiago further than 100km and therefore qualifies for the Compostela?
Also, does anyone know how to get to Tui from Vigo train station?
thanks in advance.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi, yes Tui is quite a common starting point and will qualify you for a compostela. Be sure to try to get stamped twice a day though as I think you're supposed to if you start in Galicia.
I think there are buses between Vigo to Tui.
I also met someone who walked it!

Thanks for your quick response. Some more questions...
Where do I get the credencial from?
And has anyone walked it in February / March time? What sort of weather can I expect?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I'm a big fan of getting a credential in advance: http://www.csj.org.uk/how-to-get-a-credencial.htm
But I think you can get them in the cathedral in Tui. Not totally sure though as it was closed when I was there.

I walked in May and it was really very very hot, much more so than the more northern routes at that time of year. Earlier in the year may be a better temperature!

Brilliant; thanks for all your replies.

Flights are now booked so I'd better get in training.

xxx

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum