• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Staying in Biarritz and Bayonne

mustbjones

Time of past OR future Camino
Fall 2013
Hi,

I and a friend will be laying over in Biarritz and Bayonne. Would someone please recommend good places (not necessarily a Refugio) where we can prep for our start on the Camino. Thanks.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I found this place satisfactory:

Hôtel Des Arceaux
26 Rue Port Neuf
64100 Bayonne, France
05 59 59 15 53
hotel-arceaux.com‎

Biarritz has two good youth hostels who treat older people exceptionally well. One is two blocks from the train station. When I stayed there it was 18 Euros for a years pass to the youth hostel association, the night at the hostel including breakfast.
Also if you Google two-star hotels you'll see lots of very suitable ones in the historic part of town. I have stayed at different ones and they were all fine. One that comes to mind is the Auberge du Relais, 44 Avenue de la Marne, 64200 Biarritz. tel:05.59.24.85.90 fax:05.59.22.13.94 Or you can go the whole spa route and spend the big bucks if you're in the mood. :wink:
Buen camino

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum