• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Swans on the Camino(s)

Silverton

Time of past OR future Camino
2003- CF ( various), Portugués (various), Aragonés, Inglés, Sanabrés
It seems to be the time of year for 'miscellaneous' threads, so I'll add another--swans, NOT snakes!
My son, a swan addict with a mild intellectual disability, surprisingly suggested that he will walk a few days on the Camino Francés with me this coming spring. We'll fly to Bilbao, and walk from Pamplona to Logrono (and La Grajera)--places I'm confident I can show him mute swans (less fortunate black swans in Parque Taconera in Pamplona).
If this taste-of-the-Camino is a success (how could it not be, you ask!), can any forum members suggest other locations on one of the camino routes where I might aim in future? I'm guessing along the northern route in Cantábrica--Llanes or Ribadeo perhaps? In 2014 I was delighted to see park staff settling a pair of mute swans into a small pond in the Alameda in Santiago. They told me they were from the river in Padrón. Last spring the Alameda still had one mute swan, and a pair of black swans (donated by Aussie or Kiwi pilgrims??).
Any information would be happily received. Buen camino a todos, con o sin cisnes!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I noticed some normal swans in the huge lake as you walk out of lograno... They were around the back of a snack shop adjoining the lake.... That was n september. Enjoy the experience.....

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum