• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Taxi to Porto

KLB

Time of past OR future Camino
Future - April
Hello! I’m walking 3 days of the Camino starting at Porto (coastal route), first stop Vila Cha, 2nd and 3rd stop yet to be decided. I have an early ish flight from Porto on the morning of the 4th day and wondering how easy it would be for me to get a taxi to the airport? I reckon that 3rd stop will be around Barcelos but don’t know yet could be further?! Any suggestions for good destination stop that would also be good to get a taxi from would be appreciated! Thanks

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
How early is early’ish?

Barcelos is a decent option; although if you could start three days south of Porto and walk back it would be more predictable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: KLB
Wherever you walk to, on your way back you maybe stay at the Park hotel at the airport
Just 5 minutes walk to the Departures
Early breakfast possible
I’ve stayed there several times and is ideal for early flights
And the costs are almost the same as when you have a cheaper hotel in Porto plus the fare for a taxi to the airport.

a good idea is to walk to Barcelos and take the train back to Campanhã station in Porto where you can take the metro to the airport .
That is what I should do and many times did before.

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Sorry for late reply - thanks for this. I managed to speak to a lady at a hostel who assured me that I’d get a taxi so I think I’m sorted. My flight isn’t too early to warrant staying nearby overnight but early enough for me to not want the hassle of buses/trains! Thanks again

Most read last week in this forum