• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

ten/twelve days??

cailinnua

Hi everyone,

Having done el camino Frances, I am hooked and plan on walking again!! Since there is no way that I can get another month off work(!) this time it would be for less than two weeks. I am undecided on whether to start at Irun and walk as far as I can in that time, or choose an alternative starting point for ten/twelve days and by doing so choose a most scenic part of the route.

Any advice or recommendations are welcome?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi there,

had an interesting convo about where to start on another thread -- might help you decide a bit. Think it'll depend on where you're flying in and out of -- you don't want to waste too much time getting there and back.

here's a link to the thread (about downloading maps to ipads)

el-camino-del-norte/topic14273.html

bon courage!
Mira

I'd probably start in Irun. I thought the first part of the walk (from Irun to Bilbao) was really beautiful and would not wanted to have missed it. There are not so scenic parts on either side of Bilbao but otherwise gorgeous.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thanks a million to you both for your replies. I have booked flights!! I am going to fly into Biarritz and then fly out from Bilbao. Regardless of where I am at the end of my time, I can bus it (or train) to Bilbao.

Going the end of September and CANNOT wait!!

Slán and Buen camino!!

Most read last week in this forum