This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

The Way Back

Time of past OR future Camino
[Camino Francés - June 2013]
[South Downs Way - June 2014]
[Annapurna Circuit - April 2015]
My ticket was just sent to me by mail. On saturday, the 1st of June I will travel by TGV to SJPDP! But this made me think about the following:

How to get back? When travelling by TGV, I heard you had to book a ticket up front. I don't know on which specific date I'm going to return, so I had this idea that I'd ask someone from my family to buy my return ticket online, while I was walking the Camino. But how would I receive the ticket if I'm walking around in Spain? Is there some post office in Fisterre or anything where I could send the ticket to, so I could just pick it up? Or is there another way to solve this problem all together?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. On an unrelated note, The Way Back, aside from being my subject title, is also an amazing movie!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I have not walked before but normally if you have a phone or computer then you should be able to at least pull up the conformation for them (hopefully) and they can also look your name up. When you check in they should also be able to print the ticket out for you.

Advance bookings are vital if you want one of the discounted fares. OTOH unless all the seats are some how booked the higher fares should be available.

Start here

http://www.tgv-europe.com/en/train-ticket-withdrawal

You can have a ticket emailed.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Choweth said:
...if you have a phone or computer...

I'm guessing you're referring to a Smartphone? I still got an old phone and hope to keep that one for a loooong time. I only use my phone to call in emergencies, nothing else.

NicoZ said:
You can have a ticket emailed.

That's an idea! I could just print it out in some internet-café at the end of my journey. Thanks, I'll look into it!

Ramon, I haven't booked my way back to Amsterdam yet. Looked into the possibilities and noticed that Vueling offers a reasonable priced flight from Santiago via Barcelona to Amsterdam. About the same price as my TGV/Night train ticket to SJPdP. Will book it once I am in Santiago as only then I will know the exact travel date back.

Most read last week in this forum