This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Tineo - Albergue Palacio de Merás?

Time of past OR future Camino
I am not picky about albergues. However, I read a couple of comments about the albergue beds in the Palacio being located in a basement without air circulation. One pilgrim described it as "asphyxiating." For me, that could be a deal breaker.

Could anyone weigh in on the veracity of that claim, as well as share any other thoughts on this place?

Thanks!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I have stayed there twice and loved it. Small cubicles with two bunks and a curtain for privacy. Lovely showers and toilets, you can get your laundry done. Upstairs to hotel bar and restaurant on the Plaza. pilgrim menu at night. No problem with air circulation for me. I guess you could keep the curtain open if you like.

I have stayed there in July 2015. I liked it very much. Very good pilgrim menu in the beautiful restaurant.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I stayed there and thought it was lovely. However, I was lucky enough that they put me in a separate area near the steamroom (2 rooms of 4 bunks sharing a bathroom and I was the only one there). The "regular" area looked fine, with cubicles that had privacy curtains.

My two son and I stayed there last year and we thought it was great.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum