This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Train/ Bus to St Jean Pied De Port

Jme

Jul 13, 2016
Time of past OR future Camino
Planning on walking the Camino.
Hi all,
I am planning to do the Camino Frances next year in May. Very excited!
Starting to book a few things in and plan the nitty gritty details. As such I am looking at trains, plan so far is to catch a train from Paris to Bayonne then Bayonne to St Jean. My question is for anyone who has caught the train from Bayonne to St Jean. Where exactly does the train/ bus (Some say its a train others say its a bus replacing trains?) stop in St Jean Pied De Port? Am I able to get off the train in St Jean and be within walking (Short i.e. 30 mins) distance of the Pilgrims office and the Albergues surrounding the pilgrims office?
Thank you so much for any insights!

Reactions: MarieClaireN
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Bradypus

Migratory hermit
Jan 18, 2015
Too many and too often!
If there is a replacement bus it will take you to the railway station in St Jean - on the northern side of town and only a 10-15 minute walk from the pilgrim office and most of the albergues in the older centre. It is very unlikely that you will arrive alone - follow the stream of other pilgrims heading that way! Here is a map with the railway station and pilgrim office locations marked.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
D

Deleted member 3000

Look on Google maps for the station in SJPdP. It is a small village, so the station is within ten minutes of everything, including the Pilgrim Office. Most of the gites (albergues) are very near the Office. Again, Google maps will show you everything.

Reactions: JeffParks
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Jme

Jul 13, 2016
Planning on walking the Camino.

Thank you so much! Very appreciative!!

W

whariwharangi

Usually SNCF service from Bayonne to SJPdP is provided by train.

Currently there is damage to the tracks. Until the damage is repaired service is provided by bus. The SNCF TER Aquitaine schedule #62 calls the bus "autocar".

No difference in price or schedule. The only difference is the bus boards outside of the Bayonne train station.

Reactions: Jme

Most read last week in this forum