• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Train strike in Germany 27 March 2023

• Thread starter Former member 102963
  • Start date
F

Former member 102963

Just to advise as per title should anyone be going Spain or France on Monday through Germany. Probably a minor knock on impact to trains to/from countries thaf border Germany team I would guess!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Just to advise as per title should anyone be going Spain or France on Monday through Germany. Probably a minor knock on impact to trains to/from countries thaf border Germany team I would guess!
In the German Media this seems to be a strike with an unusually hard impact. German Rail seems not to be able to even offer a reduced train schedule as they usually do.

This has impacted my travels from India to the US! I was due to depart Delhi on Lufthansa on the 28th of March and my flight was cancelled. I was able to rebook to the 29th, unless the strike lasts longer than a day

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
In the German Media this seems to be a strike with an unusually hard impact. German Rail seems not to be able to even offer a reduced train schedule as they usually do.
This is a strike that will take on an unusually large scale. For it is not only the railroads that are on strike, but there will be strikes at airports, buses and subways ...

(Südwestpresse)

Everything is on strike. About the only thing that might be running are the Flix Buses, since that is a private organization.
No flights at Frankfurt airport on Monday, no trains, no trams, no regional trains, no city trains.
Guess I will get my steps in, in preparation for my Camino in 3 weeks.

Yes I am trying to get from Leipzig to Berlin and Flixbus may be the option.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I don't think the French strikes will be over for a while yet.
I sort of agree. I am not due to be there until May 23rd. who knows what will or won't be in place by then. Planning on playing it by ear if still an issue by then. Can skip France and remain in Spain, or venture forward and see what could or couldn't be available.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Normally enough scope in Europe to get around even the most comprehensive of strikes given the bus network!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Jim
So there I was at Leipzig HBF an hour ok waiting for a tram thinking it’s very quiet. Where is everyone!! Trams are on strike here today!

Most read last week in this forum