• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Train transfer in Ourense

hfenton

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino de Invierno (2023)
I will start my Camino by flying into Santiago de Compostela on July 7 and traveling by train the next day to Burgos where I will begin my walk on the 9th. I have a train ticket for Santiago to Burgos that involves a transfer in Ourense. However, there's only a 5 minute window between when the train from Santiago arrives and the train to Burgos departs. Has anyone else made this journey? How concerned should I be about making the switch to the train to Burgos?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Ourense has two stations and both of them are small. Spanish trains run pretty close to scheduled times, so the connection should not be a problem. Just make certain that you get off at the correct station. I have made many train connections without an issue.

I have made this connection going towards Santiago and had the same worries, but it worked out fine.
It was a scheduled connection and the two trains used both tracks at an island platform. I just walked off one train and straight onto the other.
you won’t be the only person making the connection so look out for others to take a cue from.
The Ourense to Burgos train will probably have Barcelona as it’s final destination.
Buen Camino

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum