Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

Train transfer in Ourense

Year of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2017); Camino a Muxia (2017)
I will start my Camino by flying into Santiago de Compostela on July 7 and traveling by train the next day to Burgos where I will begin my walk on the 9th. I have a train ticket for Santiago to Burgos that involves a transfer in Ourense. However, there's only a 5 minute window between when the train from Santiago arrives and the train to Burgos departs. Has anyone else made this journey? How concerned should I be about making the switch to the train to Burgos?

Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
Published on Amazon
Guide to the 16 main caminos with maps, pictures, hyperlinks and other information.

Steven Dwyer

2000,2001,2004 Camino Frances from St. Jean
2005 Camino Argonese from Oloron to Puente de la Reina, Camino Frances from St. Jean,
2013 Camino Portugese from Porto, Camino Ingles from Ferrol, Camino Finisterre
(2016) Camino Portugese from Braga
Ourense has two stations and both of them are small. Spanish trains run pretty close to scheduled times, so the connection should not be a problem. Just make certain that you get off at the correct station. I have made many train connections without an issue.

MikeC

Cycled SJPP to SDC September 2016
Starting Camino Ingles June 2018
I will start my Camino by flying into Santiago de Compostela on July 7 and traveling by train the next day to Burgos where I will begin my walk on the 9th. I have a train ticket for Santiago to Burgos that involves a transfer in Ourense. However, there's only a 5 minute window between when the train from Santiago arrives and the train to Burgos departs. Has anyone else made this journey? How concerned should I be about making the switch to the train to Burgos?
I have made this connection going towards Santiago and had the same worries, but it worked out fine.
It was a scheduled connection and the two trains used both tracks at an island platform. I just walked off one train and straight onto the other.
you won’t be the only person making the connection so look out for others to take a cue from.
The Ourense to Burgos train will probably have Barcelona as it’s final destination.
Buen Camino

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings