• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Trains in Spain, not mainly on the plain

• Thread starter Deleted member 3000
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3000

Many posts ask about train travel. The following link can answer many questions:

http://www.renfe.es/horarios/english/index.html

Enter departure, destination, and date of travel.
Direct trains, times, and fares are displayed.
Click the name in “Type of Train” and the route itinerary will be shown.
Click “Buscar Transbordo” for train schedules with connections.
Only major stations can be selected, but there are intermediary stops for most trains. If you want to travel from a minor station, find the major cities on either side, and search for train schedules between them, then look for your town on the route itinerary noted above.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Reporting back to falcon269, and perhaps to benefit of others.

Last July I travelled direct by bus from Léon to Santander on my way home.
Using your link, I've decided to travel to Léon,from Santander, on Sun 28 June via Palencia.
Already I've booked the first stage of the journey and it appears I got a great discount / "estrella" fare,(and there was no booking fee). It seems the second part is on a regional train , and it's not possible to book in advance.
I'll look on the bright side and treat myself to a cafe con leche / vino tinto / tapas while I wait for the connection.

Buen Camino

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum