• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Transport from Santiago to Sarria 28 May 2022

Vince Meegan

Time of past OR future Camino
Future. Sarria to Santiago Commencing 28th May
RIDE SHARE Hi all. Am arriving Santiago Airport from Gatwick at 9.40am on the 28th May. This is my first mini Camino! I am 69(M) and in good condition for my age. Would like to share a taxi or transport to Sarria. Happy to wait at the airport for anyone arriving on later flights.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The bus mentioned by @rappahannock_rev above starts from Santiago at 11:00 and stops at airport at 11:21. The final destination is Piedrafita do Cebreiro. From Monbus webpage it seems like you can buy the ticket from the driver only. It costs 10.60 euro. The name of the bus company is MONBUS

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Is there only one bus per day ?
My flight not in until 5pm

There should be a Monbus stopping at the airport at around 11:30 am that can take you to Sarria for next to nothing. Ck the Monbus website.
Thank you. I had studied the Monbus website but wasn't clear if it would stop at the airport.
I'll sleep a bit better with that worry out of the way!

Thank you indeed. All noted. The kindness and prompt reply by so many is much appreciated.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Is there only one bus per day ?
My flight not in until 5pm
There is a Monbus from the Santiago Airport to Lugo at 17:15, if you were lucky to catch it, you would find a connecting bus at Lugo to Sarria on the same day.
Otherwise probably the best choice would be to stay for the night in Santiago...

Most read last week in this forum