• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Travel from Bilbao airport to Santo Domingo de la Calzada

DrakeBay

Time of past OR future Camino
I am going back to finish my Camino. I fly into Bilbao and need to get to Santo Domingo de la Calzada. Any suggestions?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
You could walk it from Haro following the Camino Vasco Interior. Doable in a day and a nice warm up
Thanks. I was wondering if it was on a Camino route.

Here's the stage from Haro to Santo Domingo de la Calzada on Gronze:

I remember it as a pleasant mornings walk. 19km with a breakfast stop at Zarraton and a beer at Banares. The municipal in Haro was a great starting point for the day.
I guess I could have suggested walk from Irun but I guess if the OP is flying into Bilbao then the train to Haro and tighten your boots is good enough advice

Thank you very much for the information and insight. Greatly appreciated.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I am going back to finish my Camino. I fly into Bilbao and need to get to Santo Domingo de la Calzada. Any suggestions?
Airport shuttle to bus station, then two buses (from memory, check rome2rio.)
If you are of pension age, you can buy a train pass for discounted travel - a tarjeta dorada. Booking well in advance is often cheaper

Most read last week in this forum