• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Traveling from Santiago to Astorga

Carmel Darcy

Time of past OR future Camino
September - From Sarria to Santiago
I will be arriving at Santiago de Compostela airport in September at 8:40 am. The train to Astorga is at 10:06. Is this enough time to get out of the airport and to the train station? I will be coming from USA through Madrid to Santiago. And I will have my bags with me. Thank you.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I think that is far too tight. The bus company timetable says it is 40 minutes from the airport to the train station but buses only leave at 30 minute intervals. Even with a taxi transfer you would have to be very lucky in your timings: any delays in the arrival of your plane or disembarking would make it nearly impossible.

You will be OK if you take a taxi. The fixed rate fare to the airport is 23E, so the reverse to the train station should be about the same (I don't think it is flat rate).

There is a 0925 bus from the airport to Lugo, where you can transfer to a 1215 bus to Astorga, arriving at 1525.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
thanks for the feedback!

This is very helpful!! Thanks

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum