• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

VDLP The First 8 Days

Time of past OR future Camino
2006 to date: Over 21 Caminos. See signature line
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Ta! AS.
Looks like a nice blog .....you are so right about the severity of the heat on the VDLP.

I started in Merida, walked for several days, starting before first light and yet was fried by 11.30 ish. Done in, grilled, toasted.

I had to regroup and restarted in Salamanca.

Can be hot, but weather is far more manageable in September... and it cools as you go north getting quiet chilly around Salamanca and bound to rain in Galicia in October so it's all a balancing act.

Beautiful walk though and well worth starting early and finishing before the heat of the day, added bonus you can catch the end of Spanish lunch!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Great blog Annie,
How did you get as far as you did ? I'd have died in that heat actually just slowly (well not that slowly) melted. Love the look of this route but.......too darn hot :shock: . Being able to change 'the plan' as you did and continue walking on other routes was fantastic.
Nell

Very nice blog, Annie.
I've added it to my favorites, and gonna have a more closely look soon.

Hopefully I will one day walk this path too

I just noticed my blog has disappeared!

I'm trying to reconstruct it...will post when I'm done.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum