• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Walking from Leon. Where would be the easiest place to fly into ?

scubajunky

It seems I can fly Stanstead - Santiago return. When I arrived in Santiago, is it easy to get from there to Leon to begin my walk or would I be better off coming from Madrid or Santandar ?
Please help if you can, my head is spinning with options

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi @scubajunky. I already replied to your paralel post but in response to this specific question - easy access is from Madrid by bus or train. Both shorter and cheaper journeys than the bus from Santiago. I've already posted a link to ALSA that covers the bus routes. Here's a link to RENFE for trains http://www.renfe.com/. Unless you are super confident on your walking pace etc I, personally, would defer booking a return flight until IO was confident when I would arrive in Santiago. Madrid is also easily accessible from Santiago and there are a lot more flights from a lot more UK airports to Madrid.

Happy planning

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum