• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Weather in late March Camino Frances

RJPORTSMOUTH

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2014)
Hi folks

Beginning my Camino in late March 2014 into April. Any weather observations from seasoned Pilgrims or Blogs you know of?

Thanks

Richard ( Portsmouth, UK)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
RJPORTSMOUTH said:
Hi folks

Beginning my Camino in late March 2014 into April. Any weather observations from seasoned Pilgrims or Blogs you know of?

Thanks

Richard ( Portsmouth, UK)

Richard,

For an in depth discussion of the EXTREME late winter weather on the Camino Frances during this current year see this comprehensive Forum thread, Re: IMPORTANT: Advice for pilgrims setting off in March 2013/April 2013 begun by fellow Forum member Navarricano >> el-camino-frances/topic16961-200.html#p125882

Whenever you walk whatever the season you must BE PREPARED. Even today snow at elevations higher than 1000 meters was the forecast.

Margaret Meredith

Margaret is right...people walking over two days ago - May 15th! - were walking in blizzard-like conditions. Snow, sleet, high winds. That makes for a long, hard, yet memorable walk!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Thankyou Margaret and Nreyn

I am 42 years old... Trust me I will plan. Link to the blog most helpful.

Bless you both

Richard

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum