• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

What auburgue's would you avoid?

DurhamParish

Un Cerveza, Por Favor
Time of past OR future Camino
Caminho Portuguese 2012 & 2018
Camino Frances 2014, 2015, 2015, 2017, 2018
I saw a similar topic on the Camino Frances forum. Thought I would ask the same question here.

Thanks.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Do not stay in the albergue in Tui on weekends unless you like discos,
The ear plugs will not work and when everybody in unison rise at 6am to start , still all awake , shows how bad the sleep was.
There is a private one in town if you are caught there on weekends.

I personally wouldn´t avoid any. Everywhere I stayed was welcoming, clean and as quiet as one might expect anywhere, probably far mofe than the Frances in July and August.
But if you want a real treat, seek out Fernanda in Lugar do Corgo just 22 klms after Barcelos.
(You see, when you avoid something, you will never know what adventuires you might have encountered!)
Carpe Diem, Buen Camino and well..."Have a nice Day"

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum