• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

What time is it too late to start from SJPdP?

Okay, I keep changing my plans. :evil: But, if I take the earliest train from Bayonne to SJ, that will get me into town at 9:30ish. I go to the Pilgrim Office to register, say that takes until 10:30ish. I would like to spend some time in SJ before I set off for Orrison. What is the latest time I should leave SJ to make it to Orrison, presuming that it will take me a while to walk since I'm not used to climbing mountains & am on the "heifer" side, weight-wise?

dg

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Depending on ur walking rythm:

SJPDP- Honto: 5,2 Km: approx 45" to 1 hr

Honto-Orisson: 2,7 Km: approx 30"

Buen Camino,

xm 8)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
What is the latest time I should leave SJ to make it to Orrison...?

Hi. You're planning on arriving early at SJPDP, so u'll have plenty of "sunlight time, " u do not want to walk at any other time. Can't remember if u made a reserve at Orisson, if u did, great idea. Ultimately, the hospitaleros at SJ will be the ones to give u the MOST updated news re: wheather, state of the road, etc. I trust/respect their suggestions.

Buen Camino :arrow:

xm 8)

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum