• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accommodations on Senda Litoral

diweezyfitz

Time of past OR future Camino
October 2024
Greetings fellow pilgrims! I'm planning our journey from Porto to Vigo, beginning on Senda Litoral and eventually merging into the coastal route. Does anyone have recommendations a good place to plan to leave Litoral and get on Coastal?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
For accommodation purposes, the SL and the coastal are basically the same thing. They are not two completely separate paths but rather variants of each other that meet up at the usual end-of-stage towns.

See this excellent description and map from @peregrina2000 from another thread:

Hi, @WanderLustToo, welcome to the forum.

The Senda Litoral and the Coastal route zig zag across each other and typically wind up in the same places for the end stage. Based on what forum members have said, you sleep in the same places as those who walk the Coastal, but split up again int he morning.

You can see a great map that shows the two routes (and many others in Portugal) here. The website is done by Luis Freixo, and although I don’t know him, I can say he is a real camino angel, because he has the most complete information on these routes that I have seen. If you poke around the website a bit, you’ll see there is a ton of information (all in Portuguese, but as you probably know, if you open it on google Chrome, it will be translated into English for you if you request it).

The photos that people have put on the forum do not show the entire route down to Porto, but the link I just gave you will show you the full map. Here’s a small part of it.

View attachment 162503

Most read last week in this forum

I’ll be finishing the Caminho Português next month. Last year I wore Hoka Challenger 6 ATR shoes. I did have some blisters and foot pain, but a lot could have been due to the 30+km days from...
We arrived in Porto by train from Lisbon yesterday afternoon. Long haul from Australia via Singapore, Milan and Madrid departed April 23. Our first encounter with other pilgrams was when 3...
Hello pilgrims, I have unfortunately hurt my knee(s) on the second day of walking from Porto. I pushed through some more kilometers, but I had to take a break in Marinhas. I tried everything to...
We arrived in Lisbon yesterday, 48 hrs (by choice via Singapore, Milan and Madrid) after leaving home from regional South Australia. Train to Porto tomorrow hitting the pilgram path on Saturday to...
I have a new copy of the guide to Camino Portuguese by Kat (I think) XX. My question is: is there anyone who is going to Lisbon/ Porto who could pop it in the Albergue municipal/ or use it and...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back