• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accomodation on caminho

loualbertyn

Time of past OR future Camino
September 2024
Hello fellow Pilgrims☺️
I am planning to do the my first Caminho ( Portugese coastal route) in September.
I have been reading in various posts that you can ask for a pilgrim’s discount for accomodation. How would one go about doing that when making a booking through bookings.com and is it in general a significant discount?
Thank you

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Booking.com is a third party service that markets rooms for hotels and beds for albergues. They charge the owner of the facility for the of listing rooms. Usually the owner only puts a few rooms on booking.com. There are likely other rooms in the same facility available. You are more likely to get a discount by calling, emailing, or sending a WhatsApp to the facility, explaining you are a pilgrim and saying what night you want to reserve. Rooms are usually (not always, but usually) cheaper when booked directly with the facility. I would personally not ask for a discount, but if you say you are a pilgrim, one may be offered to you.

Last edited:
Hello fellow Pilgrims☺️
I am planning to do the my first Caminho ( Portugese coastal route) in September.
I have been reading in various posts that you can ask for a pilgrim’s discount for accomodation. How would one go about doing that when making a booking through bookings.com and is it in general a significant discount?
Thank you
You cannot obtain a pilgrim discount via berking.con. You are more likely to pay a premium because of the charges the aggregator applies. Contact premises direct.

Oh, and don't expect a pilgrim discount, just be grateful if one is granted

(@J Willhaus types faster than me ;) )

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hello fellow Pilgrims☺️
Thank you
The best discounts available are sleeping in the municipal albergues. They are all clean and comfortable. Then the second best of course are the private albergues. I walked last year and thought the albergues were excellent.

Most read last week in this forum

Starting a journey for me starts with the planning. This year everything aligned so here I am about to leave Canada to begin my 2nd Camino - the Portuguese Coastal. With three weeks to get my...
Day 0? I’m here 😊and I start my slow coastal camino tomorrow! Feel blessed and recognize the privilege it is to be able to take this journey. Tomorrow a short walk to Matosinhos - just right...
Will be doing hopefully my first of many Camino journeys leaving out of Porto December 29. From what I can tell, highs in 50’s to 60’s F and possibly some but not a lot of moisture with no snow...
I'm planning to cross over from the Coastal to Central Camino at Caminha. I would appreciate any comments relating to this route from pilgrims that have done it. Is it better to split into two...
Another wonderful walking day! Definitely feeling it in my legs today- a few more stretch breaks needed! And lots of wonderful places to take them! Theme for the day boardwalks! Received a few...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back