Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Anyone starting Via De La Plata in March?

Kinohike

Feb 17, 2015
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2015)
Camino Portugues (2015)
I was planning on doing the Camino Mozarabe but recent events have me looking at the Via De La Plata, starting in Seville. My current date of arrival is Granada on March 22nd, but I might bump it up to the 15th.

Anyone planning on being on the way?

Reactions: C clearly
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
May 12, 2007
Norway
Camino Frances 2007, Camino Portuges 2008, C. Frances to Leon 2009, C. Norte from Santander 2010, Le Puy to Santiago 2011, Hærvejen Denmark 2012, Sahagun to Santiago 2013, St. Domingo to Leon 2014. Figac to Pamplona 2014. La Plata Sevilla to Aljucén 2016.
We'll start from Seville March 16

hailows

Apr 3, 2013
I will be starting from Sevilla on March 18th!

I walked the VdlP last year starting on March 26th... it was great, although a little wet at times!
Going in March gets me away from part of the Canadian winter!
Steve

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

OzAnnie

Veteran Member
May 24, 2013
Sydney, Australia
Oct/Nov 2022_Mozarabe from Almeria
We will start from Seville on March 28. Currently planning to stop at Salamanca & then return to finish in 2017. Osteoarthritis in my hip has made us revise our plans. I keep reminding myself, one step at a time, slowly if necessary.
Jean
I wish you well on this Camino. Go for it!
I hope it is the panacea for you !!!

Buen Camino
Annie

Reactions: Jean MB

LesBrass

Likes Walking
Aug 8, 2013
Perigord - France
thenwewalked.com
yes...
I was planning on doing the Camino Mozarabe but recent events have me looking at the Via De La Plata, starting in Seville. My current date of arrival is Granada on March 22nd, but I might bump it up to the 15th.

Anyone planning on being on the way?

I know this is a totally pointless reply for you but I have to... I'm starting on the 21st of September!!!

I'm just very excited... sorry :oops:

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Richo

Aug 20, 2012
Adelaide, Australia
Camino Frances, 2014; Via Podiensis 2017.
I know this is a totally pointless reply for you but I have to... I'm starting on the 21st of September!!!

I'm just very excited... sorry :oops:
Hi LB, I'm starting VDLP on the 14 September. Are you starting on the 21st to coincide with better weather or personal reasons?
cheers,
Richo.

Jean MB

Feb 11, 2015
Portland OR USA
Camino Francés April May 2015, Via de la Plata 2016.
Jean
I wish you well on this Camino. Go for it!
I hope it is the panacea for you !!!

Buen Camino
Annie
Thanks. I'm working with a physical therapist now to learn some additional stretching and strengthening exercises before we leave. All will be well. I'll post some threads as we go. Jean

Reactions: Wiley L and OzAnnie
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

LesBrass

Likes Walking
Aug 8, 2013
Perigord - France
thenwewalked.com
yes...
Hi LB, I'm starting VDLP on the 14 September. Are you starting on the 21st to coincide with better weather or personal reasons?
cheers,
Richo.

Hello... It was the earliest date I could start. I sing in a wedding band... Our last wedding is on the 17 th... So I booked the next flight to Seville :D

Reactions: Richo
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

MileHighPair

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado, USA
Many, many Caminos, mostly past maybe some future.
We plan to begin in Merida on the last day of March. We take short stages, walk slowly, and joke that we get to meet everyone as they pass us during the day. Thanks to all who are posting, with updates and other advice along the Way. We feel like we have several close friends who we've never met in person! Looking forward to all the blessings of the Camino. Our updates will mostly be on our blog, but we'll check in on the forum occasionally. Buen Camino to all.

hailows

Apr 3, 2013
Still expecting to start from Seville Cathedral on March 18. We expect we might meet Hailows somewhere on the track.
I will try to meet you at the cathedral on March 18th... let's not start before light as it is a short day! I look forward to meeting you there! Steve (the big slow guy)

Reactions: Helen Mannersjö
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Happy Hiker

Nov 5, 2015
Australia
Camino Frances (2013 )
Via de la Plata ( March 2016 & Sept 2019)
Hi Steve, We are on Standby tickets for our flights so although starting on 18th is the plan it cannot be confirmed. So I suggest you start at your own time & we will see you along the way. Cheers Dennis.

Reactions: hailows

Most read last week in this forum

I completed the Sanabres Camino a week ago after having started in Rionegro del Puente. I am a forum member who enjoys the downhills as my knees have always been strong. The uphills wear me out...
Usually reliable Rome2Rio website doesn't show a bus route which runs close to the Oseira monastery, but Google maps shows a bus icon there. Does anyone know whether there is or is not bus service...
Does Salamanca to Cuba del Vino (stage 20) involve 20km on tarmac, on the N-630? Or does the Camino run as a separate track, alongside (not on!) the asphalted road, and this more comfortable for...
Hi All, Greetings from the VdlP. We are a small bunch about 12 to 15 peregrine and some people biking. We're a friendly lot getting to know each other well. Most people here have walked...
Hi, it's not on Gronze, but it is on the Salamanca Tourist Office website. Tried ringing the number given, but no answer. Sent a message to the tourist office, but no reply...is the albuerge...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides