• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bus from A Coruña to Ferrol?

magnet77

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Ingles 2024
I'll be flying into A Coruña this Monday along with my mother and husband, and I haven't quite figured out how to catch the bus from A Coruña to Ferrol. From what I gather, one must take a bus from the airport, into the town, correct? Should I purchase bus tickets ahead of time, or is it easy to catch this bus without a pre-booked ticket? Once in the town of A Coruña, where do we catch the bus? Is a train easier? Do I pre-book these tickets? Our flight into A Coruña lands around 10:30 AM, and we'll probably be jet lagged and hungry, so the more we plan ahead of time, the better. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Check Google Maps for transit directions. You can set the date and time that you will be traveling to get the most accurate information.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Once in the town of A Coruña, where do we catch the bus? Is a train easier?
The A Coruña railway station and the bus station are a few hundred metres apart separated by a large road. A little below the level of the railway station is the road by which the airport bus enters the city. There are half a dozen trains to Ferrol tomorrow for example but more buses. No need to book either in advance.

Screenshot_20240516-071336~2.png

We did it last September and its very easy to take the bus from the airport into town. When you get to the A Coruña bus station go directly downstairs and look for the correct stand. (Our bus stopped outside the bus station so we crossed the road to enter it)

Be aware that there are two buses to Ferrol, one goes direct and the other is a local bus going through all the villages and takes forever.

We did this last year in April , catch the airport bus into town and we caught the train direct to Ferrol . Very easy and nothing booked in advance

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi, I am in the Ingles right now, and had the same confusion . I ended up taking a taxi to the train station, buying a ticket there, and taking the train to Ferrol. It’s the last stop which makes it super easy, and it was walking distance from my hotel..also super easy!
Buen CamIno

We ended up taking the bus from the A Coruña airport to the train station, then taking a train to Ferrol. After our long flight to Spain, we found the train ride super relaxing!

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

Is a bad idea to go to Betanzos from A Coruna instead of Sergude? Does anybody did this? Could be a valid option? Thank you for your opinions or advice

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back