Can a normal hotelstamp be usted as camino stamp in my camino credencial?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

henrythedog

Veteran Member
Jan 3, 2017
Lancashire UK
Time of past OR future Camino
Annually - often more - from 2014
It will. I’ve got signatures, doodles and the label from a tin of anchovies (La Pez de Lorenzo in Burgos) on mine. All passed muster in Santiago.

You’ll find that just about any business of any description in Spain has a stamp that they use for invoices and receipts; whilst many on the Camino route (especially the Frances) will have something more decorative.

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

MassNative

Dec 11, 2019
Worcester, Massachusetts, USA
Sept-Nov 2022 CF
Tomorrow evening I will arrive at a hotel and the tourist office will already be closed. On Sunday it will be closed too.
The hotel hasn't a special Csmino stamp. Will another stamp do?

Astrid

Yes, the AC/Marriott in Logrono stamped mine last fall. No problems in the Compestela office....

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Jun 8, 2022
Roosendaal
Camino del Norte and Camino Primitivo?
I notice (only after about the third time seeing it) that you have a typo in the thread title - I expect you meant "used" instead of "usted", but I rather like the mistake, given our recent discussion of usted versus tu. :D
😜

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

t2andreo

Veteran Member
Apr 6, 2013
Northern Virginia
2013 - 2018 , Pilgrim Office volunteer 2014 - 2022
I have even obtained a sello / stamp from gas stations, winery shops, and once a police station. In Spain, business operators you must issue a receipt even if the computer is down. The manual backup is typically a manual receipt of some sort, with the rubber stamp of the business.

If the business is legally operating, it will have a rubber stamp. I have never been refused.

Hope this helps.

Tom

mspath

Veteran Member
Nov 25, 2009
France
allmycaminos.blogspot.fr
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
Like t2andreo states in the post above asking at the local police station can be most helpful.

December 2011 when I arrived at
Caldas de Reis much was closed for siesta; I was pooped and could neither find the tourist office nor an open albergue.

When I entered to ask for help at the local police station they formally stamped my Credential and kindly directed me to a nearby open bar.

11.Dec.2011.jpg

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Apr 4, 2007
Francese 2002, Cami San Jaume 2018, Norte 2023
I have stamps from the Garda Civil and Catalan Mossos as well as (over the years) dozens of hotels and casas rurales. I also have one from the French railway workers' union holiday resort outside Bayonne, but nothing ever beats Rebekah Scott's sello from the rabbit abbatoir.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Anamya

Keeping it simple
Mar 29, 2010
Brazil/Australia
Frances (2015)
Portugues (2017)
Lebaniego (2019)
My weirdest one is a stamp from a Escape Room business in Pontevedra... They said it was the first time a pilgrim walked in (and escaped out, yay :D), and were really, really happy to be part of someone's journey.

But no, it doesn´t beat the rabbit abbatoir. :p

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Most read last week in this forum

I did not use Bookings.com during my Camino, but most pilgrims I met did. And from this site it is evident that most people use Bookings at least some of the time. This article is for those of...
Hi all, I have access to data on arrivals of pilgrims to Santiago by day, country, age, gender, departure point, route, reason and means used. Based on this data, I am analysing it to develop a...
Currently I am in Burgos resting up from a knee injury. I am not giving up the possibility of continuing on foot, but in the meantime I would like ideas of options in the event that I can not...
Im planning a November Frances Camino. I have an Altus rain coat that covers me and pack nicely but I’m wondering do I get a backpack cover and wear a hooded shell light jacket over heavier...
....asked me to remind you that May 12 is the Feast of Santo Domingo de la Calzada.
Hi everyone! I'm planning to start on the Camino de Francés, then from Léon I will walk the Camino San Salvador, then the Camino Primitivo and maybe if I have time the Camino de Fisterra. My...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.