• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Do I need separate pilgrim passports for my Caminos?

bl1999

Time of past OR future Camino
Hi everyone!

I'm planning to start on the Camino de Francés, then from Léon I will walk the Camino San Salvador, then the Camino Primitivo and maybe if I have time the Camino de Fisterra.
My question is, do I need sperate pilgrim passports for the 4 Caminos?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
You can get the Credencial for San Salvador in Leon; the rest you just stamp a credencial full and get another to continue stamp until you reach Compostela.

I advice you to take a specific credencial (« Salvadorana ») in León. Then in Oviedo another one for Primitivo. Then in Santiago the last one (specific) for Muxia-Fisterra.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
No, you can use the same credential for your complete journey, but you may want to get the special credential for the Salvador and get both of them stamped (that's what I did when I did a similar combination Camino). You can get it at the albergue in León.

I was wondering if @Pafayac knows something I don’t (like the Cathedral at Compostela is going to say no to other credentials with stamps on it).
Thanks for the reassurance.

I had started earlier and switched on to the Salvador. When I got to Leon, I got a separate credencial just for the Salvador and on the Salvador I presented the regular credencial I had been using as well as the Salvador credencial and got stamps in both. One was documenting my journey to Oviedo and the other my journey to Santiago, which the Salvador was part of. When I got to Santiago my regular credencial was complete, so I got another one from the tourist office specific to the Finisterre/Muxia caminos. But on previous walks to Finisterre I just continued to use the same credencial I had walked to Santiago with.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi everyone!

I'm planning to start on the Camino de Francés, then from Léon I will walk the Camino San Salvador, then the Camino Primitivo and maybe if I have time the Camino de Fisterra.
My question is, do I need sperate pilgrim passports for the 4 Caminos?
No. One will do, especially as you are walking continuously to Santiago. A lot of pilgrims, myself included walk via several linked routes.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
OP, the reason you're getting different answers is because you haven't indicated what your goals are.

Do you want access to pilgrim albergues? You only need one, or enough to hold all the stamps.

Do you want a Compostela? Again, you only need enough to hold all the stamps, including 2 a day for the last hundred km on a recognized Camino. The Compostela does not mention the route you took, nor the distance you covered.

Do you want a distance certificate? Different people have reported different experiences with the Pilgrim's Office on what route and distance is ultimately recorded, but, again, you only need as many credentials as you need to hold the stamps.

Do you want the special certificates for completing the Salvador (Salvadorana), or the Muxiana/ Finisterrana ( not sure of spelling) ? I *suppose * you could use any credential, but I suspect it's easier on the people issuing the Salvadorana if you used the specific one issued in Léon. Remember that you obtain the Salvadorana in Oviedo, the Muxiana in Muxia, etc.

Clarify your goals, and you'll get tailored advice

OP, the reason you're getting different answers is because you haven't indicated what your goals are.

Do you want access to pilgrim albergues? You only need one, or enough to hold all the stamps.

Do you want a Compostela? Again, you only need enough to hold all the stamps, including 2 a day for the last hundred km on a recognized Camino. The Compostela does not mention the route you took, nor the distance you covered.

Do you want a distance certificate? Different people have reported different experiences with the Pilgrim's Office on what route and distance is ultimately recorded, but, again, you only need as many credentials as you need to hold the stamps.

Do you want the special certificates for completing the Salvador (Salvadorana), or the Muxiana/ Finisterrana ( not sure of spelling) ? I *suppose * you could use any credential, but I suspect it's easier on the people issuing the Salvadorana if you used the specific one issued in Léon. Remember that you obtain the Salvadorana in Oviedo, the Muxiana in Muxia, etc.

Clarify your goals, and you'll get tailored advice
Yes I would like the compostella in Santiago and also the certificate in Oviado and Finisterre. I would like to have all the stamps in one credentian if its possible, if it will fit.

Yes I would like the compostella in Santiago and also the certificate in Oviado and Finisterre. I would like to have all the stamps in one credentian if its possible, if it will fit.
While I'll let those who have collected Salvadorana and the Finisterre certificates comment on whether they obtained those certificates using any old credential, my general impression is that, if you're starting from SJPdP, the required stamps for Compostela are unlikely to fit in any one credential.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I can only comment on La Salvadorana which I collected just now - in short you start in the city of León, buy yr Salvadorana credencial at the Albergue, get at least one stamp per day while walking to the Cathedral in Oviedo.
You will not only get your Salvadorana, but a free entry into the Cathedral. The only thing that cost, should you choose, is a hard cardboard tube to hold your Salvadorana in for €1. :)

Do you want a distance certificate? Different people have reported different experiences with the Pilgrim's Office on what route and distance is ultimately recorded,
When I did my combo Camino I kept track of my distance walked so that the volunteer at the Pilgrims Office didn't have to do any math. 😊

Most read last week in this forum

I did not use Bookings.com during my Camino, but most pilgrims I met did. And from this site it is evident that most people use Bookings at least some of the time. This article is for those of...
Currently I am in Burgos resting up from a knee injury. I am not giving up the possibility of continuing on foot, but in the meantime I would like ideas of options in the event that I can not...
Hi all, just a quickie, Has anyone else noticed that the older you get, the larger the ratio of medication: kit you carry in your rucksack? This time round it appears to be around 60% walking...
A nice warm soak eases tired bones, and I was just wondering if there are any Thermal Spas along the Camino Frances
The Holy See has published details concerning the 2025 Roman Jubilee of Hope here : https://www.vatican.va/content/francesco/en/bulls/documents/20240509_spes-non-confundit_bolla-giubileo2025.html...
Can someone put together a calendar of holidays in Spain for pilgrims to use as part of their planning? I’ve never gotten stuck, but it seems that, once or twice, posters are caught trying to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.