• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Do taxis take credit cards now?

Time of past OR future Camino
2006 to date: Over 21 Caminos. See signature line
I recently told someone they would need cash for taxis and small villages and was informed by several other people that they had used a credit card exclusively on the Camino Frances, even with taxis and albergues.
I was surprised!
I mean that's good news but a big change to me.
I didn't walk this past Spring because I took a road trip across the USA instead.
But have things changed that much in a year?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Taxis (in the main towns) have taken cards. Even on one of the remotest parts of the Sanabres, the bar had a card terminal.

I have cash too so I can show some appreciation for that extra help or smile.

Having taken a few taxis this past spring, most of them took only cash. In Santiago, they took my card.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I may be too cautious for credit card number and pin be stolen, I do not use credit cards when it is not absolutely necessary.

Over the past few years I've taken taxis in many places in Spain, both on the Camino and off. Whether in Madrid or a small town, only once did they not have a setup for cards, but the driver drove me to the only bank in town. It had an ATM and I got some money. Generally I carry very little cash wherever I am.

Most read last week in this forum

I did not use Bookings.com during my Camino, but most pilgrims I met did. And from this site it is evident that most people use Bookings at least some of the time. This article is for those of...
We arrived in Santiago and after searching ways to get back to Pamplona it worked out easier to hire a car . It would mean picking the car up from Santiago airport and leaving it at a hotel in...
Hi , I'm looking for some advice. I'm flying to Madrid and catching a bus to Burgos to walk to León. I'm using a light weight foldable bag for my rucksack & poles but I would rather leave the...
Madrid Albergue near airport? I will be going on to Irun/San Sebastian. With thanks, fondly sandi
Hello, I am 16 days out from "boots on the ground" on the Frances route. As I am a solo female pilgrim My family wants to be able to find me any time day or night as I make my way across Spain...
Travelers looking to visit the City of Light from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport will soon have another flight option. Beginning May 23, Air France will start offering a new non-stop...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.