Feeling sorry for myself

Dael

Dael
Nov 20, 2005
Scotland
Time of past OR future Camino
2002-2004-2006-2008-2011-2015
Cycled from Scotland,walked Francias, walked V.D.L.P, winter on Francais, stroll on Englaise
  1. I was meeting to many people with the same first name - "Doctor" and sank into a horrible feeling sorry for myself mind set. Two things happened fairly close together that gave me the kick up the butt that I was needing. Johnnie Walker sent me a short email which got me thinking of things Camino, then an old friend died aged 94. I was reminded that he completed a long distance walk across Scotland only two years ago and so it all came together My flights are booked and on 22nd April I will again feel the soil of the Camino under my boots. I am feeling better already.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Peter Fransiscus

Be a Rainbow in someone else's cloud.
Jul 5, 2014
Netherlands
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
  1. I was meeting to many people with the same first name - "Doctor" and sank into a horrible feeling sorry for myself mind set. Two things happened fairly close together that gave me the kick up the butt that I was needing. Johnnie Walker sent me a short email which got me thinking of things Camino, then an old friend died aged 94. I was reminded that he completed a long distance walk across Scotland only two years ago and so it all came together My flights are booked and on 22nd April I will again feel the soil of the Camino under my boots. I am feeling better already.
Sorry for the loss of your friend. But it is great that you walk the Camino again. I wish you a Buen Camino, Peter.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

angelafinnigan

Nov 27, 2012
Sydney, Australia
I leave
I leave SJPDP two days before you. We might meet. Hope you have a wonderful Camino. Angela

Reactions: Thomas Fitzgerald

Albertagirl

Veteran Member
Feb 17, 2015
Canada
Frances; Aragones; VdlP; Madrid-Invierno; Levante

I had to smile at the introduction to your thread "too many people with the same first name - "Doctor." I have an academic doctorate and frequently remind myself of the hazards of getting my title added to any of my travel documents. Too bad for anybody who chances to know that there is a doctor in the house, and it is I! My doctorate is in religious studies. Years ago, when I was on safari in East Africa, our tour guide warned the British policeman on our tour that he would not get into Zaire with the profession "policeman" on his visa and must choose something else. She suggested "nurse." When he protested that he was not qualified, medically, she suggested that, if asked for medical advice, he should say he was a "mad nurse(?)". Fortunately, the issue did not arise. My wish for you, Dael, is that you may be able to leave your medical advisers behind and enjoy your walk.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides