Fiesta and festivals - Camino Inglés

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

SabsP

Veteran Member
Feb 18, 2010
Belgium
Time of past OR future Camino
some and then more. see my signature.
I'm walking the Camino Ingles from 24 April to 5 May. Does anyone know of any fiestas / festivals/ events that may be happening at that time en route?
Thanks

Local websites might be of help.

Reactions: K_Lynn
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

MariaSP

Dec 11, 2017
Galicia
spanishforcamino.com
C. inglés 2029
C. portugués 2021, 2022
May 1 is a public holiday, so expect shops to be closed and everywhere to be busier, since it's on a Monday, so a longer weekend.

In many places, they celebrate 'os maios'
https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiesta_de_los_mayos_(Galicia)
It doesn't have to be necessarily on May 1, but it's a common day for this celebration. I walked the Camino Inglés around that time in 2019, and I was told in Pontedeume they celebrate it May 1.

Reactions: dcas and SabsP

Shropshire lass

May 15, 2022
Shrewsbury
1/2 way on Frances
Ingles completed
There is a very, very vibrant and busy Festival the Trout at Sigueiro ( the confluence of a number of rivers ) for the whole weekend May 5th to 7th this year. If you are there for any of those nights places to eat out will be incredibly busy but there will be lots of festival food at stalls!

Reactions: SabsP

Most read last week in this forum

Hello! Excited first time pilgrim here, flying into A Coruña and starting in Ferrol end of May. I have a lot of questions, so any thoughts from recent experiences are welcome! - Not sure my...
I fly to A Coruña this Wednesday to start walking from Ferrol on Thursday (yes I've packed all the waterproofs 🫣)... I was planning on using the same pilgrim passport that I used on the St James'...
Hi everyone, Planning for our first Camino is going well, we've booked flights, most of the accommodation to suit our Camino but I'm getting a little stuck when it comes to Presedo. As most of...
I'll be flying into A Coruña this Monday along with my mother and husband, and I haven't quite figured out how to catch the bus from A Coruña to Ferrol. From what I gather, one must take a bus...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides