• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Finisterre in rain

Nezabudka

Time of past OR future Camino
СF 2018/2024
Hi all,
At this stage looks like we are going to finish in SdC on Friday, our flight home is only Monday night. The weather forecast doesnt look to be promising - showers over the whole weekend.
Our original plan was to bus to Finisterre and spend two nights there, but now I wonder what we are going to do there otherwise in such a weather? Is it worth staying in SdC for an extra night or Muxia?
Any ideas of an outdoor entertainment in any of the locations?
Ta 🙏

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi all,
At this stage looks like we are going to finish in SdC on Friday, our flight home is only Monday night. The weather forecast doesnt look to be promising - showers over the whole weekend.
Our original plan was to bus to Finisterre and spend two nights there, but now I wonder what we are going to do there otherwise in such a weather? Is it worth staying in SdC for an extra night or Muxia?
Any ideas of an outdoor entertainment in any of the locations?
Ta 🙏
Outdoor activity at Muxia includes walking around, watching the fishing boats come in. Walking on the beach. Watching the waves on the rocks. No real indoor activities except dining or drinking.

Fisterra activity includes a small castle/fortress with a museum of fishing. Also you can watch the fish auction from an overhead walkway in the auction house. Indoor drinking and dining.

Santiago has a few more indoor activities. The cathedral museum, the pilgrim museum, the Portico of Glory, and some local museums and galleries. I also enjoy coffee at the Cafe in the Alameda park. If you enjoy shopping, some of the old town streets have a kind of covered walkway.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Or take the train north to A Coruna ( 30-40 minutes )or south to Vigo (1 hour fast train) for the day. Plenty of trains on that line. Not expensive either. I know Vigo better than A Coruna.

It’s at the end of the earth and the beginning of the ocean. What did you expect besides rain? Just kidding. I have enjoyed sunny days there. The fishing museum is worth a fascinating couple of hours. Buen Camino

Although you would have to check the bus connections, but as I enjoyed both Muxia and Finisterre, I’d recommend one night in each in that order. As you haven’t been to either place, I think that visits to them would be a fitting end to your Camino. Maybe not great beach weather, but growing up in Oregon has made be very fond of wet days by the sea.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hmmm. if its forecast to rain in Finisterre, won't it rain in Muxia as well?! It would be quite sucky, for sure but if you are truly faced with nothing but rainy days - I'm with @lt56ny - stay in Santiago!
Way too many things to get occupied; lots of them indoors (in case if it really gets bad) and restaurants galore!
Good luck and Don't Forget (Wink --- NE ZABUD') its Your Camino :)

Last year I had 4 nights in Santiago end of June (long days, blue skies and sunshine)
I took a day trip by bus to Finisterre- which gave me more than enough time to arrive, walk to the lighthouse, back, lunch and bus back to Santiago. There isn't much to do in town (especially if its raining/grey) visitors even tried to get an earlier bus back to Santiago though if you book ticket was only valid for time given. Another day I took the train to a corunna- interesting city. Plenty always to see and do in Santiago - there is also the culture city on the outskirts of the city - interesting modern architecture + views of the city. I went on a Saturday by bus (no buses in the afternoon). Then nice walk back into Santiago.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

Brother going next week SDC to Finisterre, can only remember one short hill climb of any consequence cannot remember location ???

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back