• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

French Road in October 2013

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hello! I am setting off from SJPdP on 5 October. I think the weather will likely be chilly, but perfect for walking. Of course it will rain, and we will likely see snow towards the end, but it all adds to the fun!

cheers

Alex

mane.arratia said:
Anyone planning to walk part of the Camino Frances this Fall ??? What might be a good time to set off? what weather can I expect? Thanks for sharing experiences... :)

Mane,

Welcome to the Forum! I am certain that you will find much helpful information here as you plan your autumn Camino. Past pilgrims who are Forum members are always eager to share their experiences and advice.

October is a wonderful month to walk. However you must be prepared for varied weather. Nights can be chilly or cold and freezing rain or even snow might occur. BE PREPARED!

Many albergues start to close mid month. Since the crowds of summer are past you will find the welcome at those albergues which are open to be most sincere. The hospitaleros usually know who is open on the next stage. Most will either be heated or have blankets. Many a cold camino night I have worn a wooly hat to sleep resembling Goldylocks' "grandma"

All my caminos have been in autumn and winter. Perhaps you would find my blog Camino Gazetteer at http://mermore.blogspot.com/ useful for your planning. This coordinates all postings by 75 locations where I halted and includes a Kit list and much more.

Happy planning and Buen Camino!

Margaret Meredith

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
Mane,

Welcome. I'm looking at arriving early October - 6th or 7th God willing.

I've bit the bullet & bought an altus poncho - saves on a pack cover anyhow.

I've been receiving mixed reviews on the possible weather. Some say there might be a late summer - given the cool spell at the moment - and some say to expect rain. I only hope to meet pilgrims to share together what may come.

Bon Camino!
James

hola james,

weather this year in europe has been quite changeable. nobody can predict what the future weather will be like. from my experience in the caminos the weather this year has been completely different from the previous year. this year has been quite cold, chilly, with strong wind and snow in areas all over europe. it is like having a late winter.

last year the weather was beautiful until late october, november. this year at this time the weather is still quite rainy and chilly. so be prepared to layer your clothing for cold weather. make sure you have decent rain gear as you will certainly met with heavy rain, strong wind and maybe snow as you enter galicia from o cebreiro.

good luck. may you have a buen camino and god bless.

Most read last week in this forum

On the Camino Del Norte. Surprised by the amount of pilgrims. Many mature pilgrims, like myself with a few Caminos under their belt, mostly appear to be staying in hotels. If staying in hotels be...
Hi I just joined and will be doing a solo walk from SJPP to Finisterre in May Jun 2025... long time to go yet but VV excited ... will be finalising dates and flights from Canberra as soon as...
For those of you who are using the ATM colour chart. One bank is suggested at less than 2 Euro when in fact was 4.50 Euro per withdrawal
Hello Pilgrims, I am Brendan an Australian Scot. I am new to the forum, but not new to the Camino. On Tuesday May 28 I will start on my seventh Camino the Norte from San Sebastián. I will try and...
I am looking for people who want to walk the camino del norte in may 2025 - starting from Irun, Bilbao or another place. Nice to hear from you.
Ciao everyone, just a quick introduction. I'll be starting my Camino from SJPP on June 6th 2024 I've always been curious and for now I'm taking it with a grain of salt and cautious optimism...but...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back