• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Gaiters may be a good idea on this route ?

unadara

Time of past OR future Camino
2013 CF then a few more. Plan May 24 Primitivo
I haven't got around to doing a full list of advice but based on a topic that came up in another forum. I left my walking shoes behind me in santiago. They were well worn from 2 Caminos this year and walking at home in between but the sand on the camino Madrid destroyed the lining at the back of the heel. I never walk on the beach at home in my shoes. But a short gaiter would have protected my shoe from the sand and grit getting in every day. I actually rarely wear gaiters in Wicklow even though we have wet bogs as I "suffer"from over-heating, but I think here they may save your shoes, socks and dirty washing. Short would be my preference as I tend to wear shorts all the time but I saw people with long ones too.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back