Happy Christmas.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

vgen5122

Aug 2, 2012
Vacaville , CA, USA
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (August 19-sept 30,2013) (8/2017)
Wishing Ivar, all the staff and all the Members a Very Happy Christmas and a Healthy, Happy and Trouble free New Year. Go safely on your Caminos and hopefully our paths might cross in 2016.

View attachment 22813

PS. This is my letter to Santa for this year. :):)

View attachment 22815

"MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE. "

May your backpack be light,
Your feet be happy,
Your water be cool, and
Your path be enlightened in 2016.

May every step you take lead you to happiness in the new year.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
F

Former member 42123

Wishing Ivar, all the staff and all the Members a Very Happy Christmas and a Healthy, Happy and Trouble free New Year. Go safely on your Caminos and hopefully our paths might cross in 2016.

View attachment 22813

View attachment 22815
Nollaig shona agus Athbhliain faoi shean is faoi mhaise duit .

Jul 18, 2014
Yearly and Various 2014-2019
Via Monastica 2022
Wishing all of you a very safe and joyous holiday season--and a healthy happy new year!
May you walk with ease, and may our paths cross out there, somewhere on the Camino.
Special thanks and heartfelt good wishes to @ivar and all the Mods for your selfless service to pilgrimkind!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

jirit

Veteran Member
Dec 31, 2010
Canada
www.verderamedia.com
Camino Frances 2007,
Via Francigena Italy, 2008,
Jakobsweg Austria 2010,
Camino Frances 2011,
Le Puy to Lourdes 2012,
Via de la Plata 2013,
Future:
Ökumenischer (Via Regia), Germany,
Lycian Way, Turkey
Best wishes to Ivar and the moderators, and all the members of this forum, for a Merry Christmas and enjoyable holiday season.

May your next Camino take you on a path not taken, to places undiscovered, in body, mind and spirit.

All the very best for 2016!

Xmas 2015.JPG

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Dec 2, 2014
Canby, Oregon
Frances SJPP to SdC Oct/Nov 2015
Frances Burgos toSdC March/April 2016
W. Highland Way August 2016
Camino Somewhere September 2017
May the road rise with you,
and the wind be always at your back...
And may the good Lord hold you
in the hollow of his hand.

Happy Christmas to all and enjoy this photo of our Ivar!

Attachments

• IMG_2355.jpg
    IMG_2355.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 36

Tincatinker

Veteran Member
Jan 9, 2012
West Sussex, England
Seasons greetings to you all. The wheel turns, She becomes Mother again and the sun (Son) is re-born. We gather in our families, our tribes and our clans. We feast and and exchange gifts. We toast the future and our hopes. The days grow longer and we celebrate the light to come.

I hope most of this sounds familiar. ;)

For any inclined to join me in Wassail: put a poker to the fire till it burns cherry-red; take good strong ale; mix honey, salt and toasted bread and add them to the ale. Fill a pewter mug and plunge the poker in. Drink. Be glad for you are alive at the turn of the year.

My honest prayer: that Yule all have the very best of christmases.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

movinmaggie

Veteran Member
Jan 6, 2015
Victoria, BC Canada
Christmas is coming :)

Merry Christmas everyone :)
Loved your video Botaivica…..I see you're from Croatia. I dance with an international folk dance group here on the island. My absolute favourite music and dances are from both Croatia and Greek Macedonia.

Priscilla NC

Sep 15, 2015
Erie PA
2016: Frances - Finisterre - Muxia 2019: Frances
As one who is planning her first Camino for April-June 2016, I'm so grateful to all of you for giving me a sense of what the Camino is all about, how to plan, and how to then let it flow.

Merry Christmas and a Buen New Year to all of you!
Priscilla

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Peter Fransiscus

Be a Rainbow in someone else's cloud.
Jul 5, 2014
Netherlands
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
As one who is planning her first Camino for April-June 2016, I'm so grateful to all of you for giving me a sense of what the Camino is all about, how to plan, and how to then let it flow.

Merry Christmas and a Buen New Year to all of you!
Priscilla
Hi Priscilla, wish you all the best and a happy Christmas and ofcourse a great new year to. Peter.

Lachance

Me llamo Deb
Mar 21, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Part Francese 2016
Nollaig shona agus Athbhliain faoi shean is faoi mhaise duit .
I'd love to hear that spoken. I'll try putting it into the great G. But it would be even better to hear you say it!

Edit: G has no speaker for this! I put Irish as the language.

€83,-

Wokabaut_Meri

somewhere along the Way
Jan 1, 2015
South Australia
Camino Francés 2015
Pilgrims Way 2018
Via Francigena #1 Canterbury-Dover 2018
To all who take the paths less travelled and those journeying on healing ways...
Season's Greetings and Buen Camino

Thank you to everyone for your wisdom, poetry, laughter, support and the act of just witnessing by walking with each other.

WINTER HARVEST

But no matter the medicinal virtues of being a true friend
or sustaining a long close relationship with another,
the ultimate touchstone of friendship is not improvement,
neither of the other nor of the self,
the ultimate touchstone is witness,
the privilege of having been seen by someone and
the equal privilege of being granted the sight of the essence of another,
to have walked with them and to have believed in them,
and sometimes just to have accompanied them,
for however brief a span,
on a journey impossible to accomplish alone.

from CONSOLATIONS: The Solace, Nourishment & Underlying Meaning of Everyday Words

feliz_navidad.png

€83,-

TerryB

Veteran Member
Feb 12, 2008
walktocompostela.blogspot.com
Norte/Primitivo (April/May) 2009: Norte/Primitivo (parts) (April/May) 2010: Inglés (May) 2011: Primitivo (April/May) 2012: Norte / Camino de La Reina (April/May) 2013: Camino del Mar / Inglés (May/June) 2015
And a very happy Christmas to you and your's!

I add my Christmas Greetings to the others on this thread! In my home village 60+ years ago, there was a tradition of the children visiting homes just after daybreak on Christmas morning. The ditty they (we) sang ran something like this:--

We wish you a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year,
A pocket full of money and a cellar full of beer.
A good fat pig,
A new calven coo,
Good maister and mistress how do you do!
Please have you anything for the Lucky Birds.

Those were the days when life was harder, but seemingly more straight forward!

A Blessing for all our Camino Friends this Christmas:)

Tio Tel and Tia Valeria

€83,-
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Devon Mike

Jan 4, 2015
Frances, Finisterre & Muxia (2014, 2015, 2016, 2018 & 2019), Primitivo & Ingles (2017)
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from the Breton St James Association HERE with a Breton Christmas Carol

Théo
Thank you so much for that Theo. Simply beautiful. :)

A very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and the Breton Association too.

Arminius

Jul 28, 2015
Camino Frances may 2016
May this new year bring you peace and tranquility, and as you walk your path may it bring you contentment.
Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

Have patience with everything unresolved in your heart and to try to love the questions themselves
as if they were locked rooms or books written in a very foreign language.
Don't search for the answers, which could not be given to you now,
because you would not be able to live them.
And the point is, to live everything.
Live the questions now.
Perhaps then, someday far in the future, you will gradually, without even noticing it, live your way into the answer.
R. M. Rilke.

Urban Trekker

Happy Trails
Jan 15, 2013
Nevada, USA
English Camino (2013)
Portuguese Camino (2014)
French Camino (2016)
Way of Saint Francis April 2017

View attachment 22813

View attachment 22815
Merry Christmas wayfarer and Merry Christmas to all my fellow peregrinos
Buen Caminos

Happy Trails

PS. To late on the PS. ;)

A selection of Camino Jewellery

David

Veteran Member
Jan 28, 2006
England
First one in 2005 from Moissac, France.
To you All, thank you for being who you are. This mythic day signifies that a light is in the world, it is not all darkness, and we are not alone.

A Happy Christmas to you All - in your hearts, and in your homes, Peace.

David xx

p.s. This my cheapskate home-made Christmas card - meant to bring a smile, not to offend xx

Nap's Cheapskate 2015 Christmas Card (600 x 545).jpg

And a Christmas Song for you - Enjoy! xx

Last edited:

tyrrek

Veteran Member
Jun 17, 2011
Halifax, West Yorkshire, UK
SJPP-SdC (4-5/2011), Ferrol-SdC (9/2011), Pamplona-SdC (3-4/2012), Camino Finisterre (10/2012), Ourense-SdC (5/2014)
Merry Christmas from Preston, Lancashire; self-appointed 'City of Enchantment'. (????!!!!)

"May your days be merry and bright
And may all your packing lists be light."

God bless!

GettingThere

Veteran Member
Oct 29, 2013
New Zealand
Roncesvalles-SdC Apr-Jun 2015
Roncesvalles-Sarria Sep-Oct 2017
C. Frances sections Apr-Jun 2019
Merry Christmas from NZ! It's 9pm here now so nearly over - best wishes to those whose day is just starting! Thank you forum friends for all your help and wisdom this year, and may 2016 be a wonderful Camino year for you, whether or not you are walking!

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

I did not use Bookings.com during my Camino, but most pilgrims I met did. And from this site it is evident that most people use Bookings at least some of the time. This article is for those of...
Currently I am in Burgos resting up from a knee injury. I am not giving up the possibility of continuing on foot, but in the meantime I would like ideas of options in the event that I can not...
Hi all, just a quickie, Has anyone else noticed that the older you get, the larger the ratio of medication: kit you carry in your rucksack? This time round it appears to be around 60% walking...
....asked me to remind you that May 12 is the Feast of Santo Domingo de la Calzada.
As I watched the aurora Friday night (west coast Canada) I was thinking how wonderful it would be to see it along the camino. Wondering if anyone currently walking or living along the camino saw...
Hi there, I will be walking Camino Primitivo soon and I still have some questions that you could maybe help me to answer. As I would like to avoid to bring unnecessary things with me. 1. I do...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides