How to get first stamp in Bilbao

DarrenCamino

Mar 30, 2022
London
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Del Norte starting 18th May 2022
Sorry this might be a really silly question but I am unsure!

We have flown into Bilbao and booked a hotel for the first two nights and will start our Camino from here but won’t stay in an Albergue until Pobena after we start. So we can’t get a stamp at the albergue in Bilbao, can we go somewhere else I.e the cathedral when we do start our Camino for a stamp before then moving in to collect each day as normal?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

SabsP

Veteran Member
Feb 18, 2010
Belgium
some and then more. see my signature.

We have flown into Bilbao and booked a hotel for the first two nights and will start our Camino from here but won’t stay in an Albergue until Pobena after we start. So we can’t get a stamp at the albergue in Bilbao, can we go somewhere else I.e the cathedral when we do start our Camino for a stamp before then moving in to collect each day as normal?

Hi and welcome here!

Norte prilgrims will be able to confirm if the cathedral in Bilbao has a sello. I'm pretty sure though that there will be one.
If not , any stamp , be it from your hotel or the tourism office will do.
But a stamp from the cathedral as a first one is quite special.

Be aware that if you want to finish in Santiago de Compostela and you want to receive the Compostela that for the last hundred kilometers you will have to collect two stamps per day.

Happy preparations!

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

eTrain

Norte 2022
Aug 14, 2018
San Diego, CA
France 2018, Norte 2022

Do not get the one from the Bilbao Guggenheim Museoa. It was so small and plain, it’s really pathetic from such a great institution.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.

PaulG

Apr 10, 2016
Australia
paulscamino.com
Via Francigena (2015)
Via de la Plata (2016)
Via Romea Germanica (2018)
Camino del Norte (2019)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

MMLakhani

Apr 27, 2023
California
2022 The Portuguese Route, 2023 Camino del Norte
Hi and welcome here!

Norte prilgrims will be able to confirm if the cathedral in Bilbao has a sello. I'm pretty sure though that there will be one.
If not , any stamp , be it from your hotel or the tourism office will do.
But a stamp from the cathedral as a first one is quite special.

Be aware that if you want to finish in Santiago de Compostela and you want to receive the Compostela that for the last hundred kilometers you will have to collect two stamps per day.

Happy preparations!
Hi, by chance do you know if the cathedral in Bilbao would have the pilgram passport? I'm also starting from Bilbao in May. Thanks much, Michelle

Lyndalals

Aug 21, 2014
Hi, by chance do you know if the cathedral in Bilbao would have the pilgram passport? I'm also starting from Bilbao in May. Thanks much, Michelle
Hi Michelle, I am also planning to walk this July and start from Gernika to Bilbao (to watch TDF) then head over to Irun to start proper. The research I've done is you can get a credential at Albergue de Peregrinos Santa Cruz de Begoña which is in Bilbao.
If you can get one at the cathedral that would certainly be more convenient.

Most read last week in this forum

Hola fellow pilgrims, asking for a friend who is currently on the Norte. His pack is too heavy, can someone tell us how he would send the excess items home to Canada and the cos?. Alternatively...
hello Pilgrims this is my 2nd Camino, but first time doing Camino Norte. Flying into San Sebastián Airport on Wednesday would like to start Camino in Pasaje to enter the coastal route . Would...
We are about to start our first Camino tomorrow morning and, after much getting lost, we are relaxing on our very comfortable beds at Hotel Urdanibia Park. My question is, do we start from where...
Hi, Im currently on the CDN at Sam Martin de Laspa. Has anyone done the Mountain route recently between Soto de Luina and Cadavedo. Some guides say it’s impassable but others say it’s not? Would...
Hi Everyone, As a follow up of my post https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/camino-del-norte-smaller-stages-baggage-transport.85025/#post-1225909, here is the feedback from my first...
I just want to share with you, This Friday I will be off to CDN. It's very special because I have cancelled it twice in the past due to events out of my control. This will be my first Camino...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides