I seen a great quote today. Food for thought.

terryenroute

Apr 27, 2013
St. Thomas Ontario Canada
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances '13, VDLP '16, Salamanca to Santiago/Finesterra/Muxia '17, Madrid/San Salvador '19.
I was walking thru an antique store, and noticed a sign that immediately reminded me of the camino. Unfortunately I did not have my phone with me to take a pic. But none the less it says volumes about what you "need". It said;

"Tell me what you need, and I will tell you how to do without it."

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Jan 19, 2016
Suburb of Boston, Mass., USA
Us:Camino Frances, 2015 Me:Catalan/Aragonese, 2019
And it worked. You didn't need your smartphone after all.

Edit: well, except to post I guess.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Tassie Kaz

Sempre Avanti
Jan 11, 2019
Tasmania, Australia
2024?
I was walking thru an antique store, and noticed a sign that immediately reminded me of the camino. Unfortunately I did not have my phone with me to take a pic. But none the less it says volumes about what you "need". It said;

There's a world of difference between 'need' & 'want'...then of course, there's that whole other category of 'could be useful'.... 😄 👣 🌏

Nov 1, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
Frances/Portuguese/Ingles/Sanabre/Frances/Fineste

Attachments

• B4BC74AB-143C-4C37-A03A-3745F585D618.jpeg
    B4BC74AB-143C-4C37-A03A-3745F585D618.jpeg
    973.3 KB · Views: 43

Liana

Jan 2, 2015
SE Mass.
CP Central July 25, 2015
CP Coastal July, 5, 2016
Burgos to Santiago, Sept 2018
CP Central 6/2020

Love It!!!!!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

I have just boarded an Iberia flight to Madrid, and so far have seen two people come on with collapsed poles attached to their backpacks. The topic that never dies……
The standard response to what to do when you get bed bugs, is to wash and dry everything at 60 degrees. But if you do that to your silk sleeping bag liner or your merino socks or t shirts or down...
Does anyone have experience with the Patagonia Cool Daily long sleeve hoody on the Camino? Last summer on the Norte I wore the REI Sahara long sleeve t-shirt and while I liked it I found it a bit...
Hi, I'm off to CDN tomorrow but this is in my mind. I got the baggage transfer from from Correos and I will going to walk from Irun to Llanes this time, so my plan is to carry a 22lts day pack and...
The new "Experience" line from Altra looks interesting. Has anybody tried them yet? I will order a pair of Altra Experience Wild and report back after some day hikes. They have the traditional...
I have an iPhone 14 and got an eSIM one month contract with Orange when I arrived in Spain a month ago. Right away there were problems. It did most basic things, but I couldn’t use most WiFi...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides