• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Just bought my tickets to Paris

BeWillDeR

I have finally bought my tickets to Europe. Wasn't a bad price too.
I will be leaving Everett, Washington and I'm flying out via Vancouver Int. August 1st. Non stop round trip to Cdg.
Another flight to PAU from CDG August 3rd and a train ride to Sjpdp.
Some minor details still elude me.

Albergue and refugio info? Websites to check out if anyone can help.
Should I bring my jet boil?
Should I get a Spanish SIM card or just Use wifi?
How hard will it be to find a bed during my walk in August?
What kind of events are going on during the month of August?

Thanks to this site I have learned so much already. I only need a little more info and I will be set.

Thank you all!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
BeWillDeR,

Now you're really on your way!

August will be hot and busy on the Camino.

Be prepared. Drink lots of water throughout the day in order to stay hydrated and avoid painful tendonitis.

Use this handy list Day by Day Stages and Albergues on the Camino Frances
to help plan your trip. Once it loads you will see the stages in blue at the bottom of the page.
Another useful list of albergues is this Spanish Eroski site.

Happy research and Buen Camino,

Margaret Meredith

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Buen Camino! You must be elated to have just purchased your ticket! People are generous on this forum--I'm sure you'll find answers to your questions.

Just hope there isn't a local train strike when you get to Pau. That happened to me and it cost me 120 for a taxi to SJPP! If you plan early enough Caroline at www.expressbourricot.com might pick you up.

Wowzers,
I really hope there's not a strike. I haven't bought my ticket to PAU Yet, but the tickets are way cheap to get to sjpdp from there rather then going to orly and flying out to bayonne. Then train ride to sjpdp. The only thing is, is that I don't get into sjpdp until 10:30pm so now I got to find a hotel and late check in. But it will work out I know it.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Wowzers,
I really hope there's not a strike. I haven't bought my ticket to PAU Yet, but the tickets are way cheap to get to sjpdp from there rather then going to orly .

If landing in Pau why go to SJPDP? The Camino from Arles runs from just near Pau. Joins the Camino Frances at Punta La Reina. It's beautiful.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
We all know there are a lot of bikers on the shared Camino path. I was knocked over in the town of Villatuerta and had to return immediately to the US for treatment after destroying my Camino on...
Hello all fellow pilgrims! To celebrate my 70th birthday I'll be following the Frances path from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. Really excited abut the journey for me starting...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
Hi Camino Family, I am travelling from Australia to start the Le Puy Camino May 27th 2024. If there is anyone else planning on walking around this time, it would be great to connect. I speak...
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back