Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Just finished

Jan 2, 2011
Canada
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances10, Norte11, Frances16, Primitivo23
“ got in “ from Primitivo with variant. Some very tough days ( more later ), just flying out.
I did find time to visit Casa Ivar, ( walked around until a friendly policeman with machine gun ushered me to the door ), Ivar was off for the holiday ( All Saints Day I believe ), met Barrita ( not sure if I got her name correct ), been helping Ivar ( and us ) for 5 years now. Great location and organization. We all should feel grateful, Ivar in his humble way, has created services that make our Camino less stressful and more.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

trecile

Staff member
Feb 19, 2016
Southern Oregon
Francés, Norte, Salvador, Primitivo, Portuguese
Congratulations on completing your Camino! 👏👏👏

( walked around until a friendly policeman with machine gun ushered me to the door ),
I think that this requires an explanation!
Where did this happen?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

trecile

Staff member
Feb 19, 2016
Southern Oregon
I just asked him nicely where Casa Ivar was located ?
Okay. To me the phrase "ushered me to the door" connotes that the officer was trying to get you to leave some place. I now understand that you meant that he walked you over to the door of Casa Ivar. 😊

Bradypus

Migratory hermit
Jan 18, 2015
Too many and too often!
I'm a little sad that Ivar has moved from his penthouse mirador down to street level. I used to like to imagine him up there constantly scanning his big bank of monitors and webcams while stroking his long-haired white Persian cat with an inscrutable smile on his face... :)

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Mar 24, 2023
Germany
Inglès April 2023
Primitivo July 2023
“ got in “ from Primitivo with variant. Some very tough days ( more later ), just flying out.
I did find time to visit Casa Ivar, ( walked around until a friendly policeman with machine gun ushered me to the door ), Ivar was off for the holiday ( All Saints Day I believe ), met Barrita ( not sure if I got her name correct ), been helping Ivar ( and us ) for 5 years now. Great location and organization. We all should feel grateful, Ivar in his humble way, has created services that make our Camino less stressful and more.
Well done, it’s a wonderful Camino but I don’t envy you the weather!
Which variant? Did you take the Verde?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

David Tallan

Staff member
Dec 8, 2013
Toronto, Canada
1989, 2016, 2018, 2023, 2024...
Okay. To me the phrase "ushered me to the door" connotes that the officer was trying to get you to leave some place. I now understand that you meant that he walked you over to the door of Casa Ivar. 😊
I think it depends on whether one is inside or outside when the ushering happens. :)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

trecile

Staff member
Feb 19, 2016
Southern Oregon
I think it depends on whether one is inside or outside when the ushering happens. :)
That's what had me confused - I didn't think that Ivar needed an armed guard inside. Unless he's been having an overwhelming number of fans visiting him since his move. 😄

Keith H

Oct 8, 2017
New Zealand
😱
I had some days that I had reached my limit “5K ago”.
I found moments to appreciate. Moments heightened perhaps by physical stress.
I’m on the Camino Frances now and while not as arduous as the Primitivo the meseta is certainly not slowing down the wind and rain pushing through here. I was concerned for my hands at one point today 😬.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Aug 17, 2021
Hong Kong
Oct 4 to Nov 5 2023 Camino Frances
Congrats! Buen Camino and God bless!

David61

Jul 28, 2017
I'm a little sad that Ivar has moved from his penthouse mirador down to street level. I used to like to imagine him up there constantly scanning his big bank of monitors and webcams while stroking his long-haired white Persian cat with an inscrutable smile on his face... :)
With snipers on the roof for those "peregrinos" who failed to get two stamps a day from Sarria?

Most read last week in this forum

I did not use Bookings.com during my Camino, but most pilgrims I met did. And from this site it is evident that most people use Bookings at least some of the time. This article is for those of...
Currently I am in Burgos resting up from a knee injury. I am not giving up the possibility of continuing on foot, but in the meantime I would like ideas of options in the event that I can not...
Hi all, just a quickie, Has anyone else noticed that the older you get, the larger the ratio of medication: kit you carry in your rucksack? This time round it appears to be around 60% walking...
Hi there, I will be walking Camino Primitivo soon and I still have some questions that you could maybe help me to answer. As I would like to avoid to bring unnecessary things with me. 1. I do...
A nice warm soak eases tired bones, and I was just wondering if there are any Thermal Spas along the Camino Frances
The Holy See has published details concerning the 2025 Roman Jubilee of Hope here : https://www.vatican.va/content/francesco/en/bulls/documents/20240509_spes-non-confundit_bolla-giubileo2025.html...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides