• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Live from Camino Frances

Tali

5-time Perigrina
Time of past OR future Camino
15, 17, 18, & 22 - CF
18 - CE
22 - CN
23 - CFin/M
All the snow is gone from the Camino along the Napoleon route. Just some lingering along the sides.
EF9F7E94-F749-4FD1-90B4-3B64467FED98.jpeg

Friday was a beautiful, sunny, though windy day. The food truck is back. Check out Auberge Borda just past Orisson. Fantastic, comfortable, lots of warm blankets. View attachment 7E56C0A9-00A7-4670-9534-F686BBE2731E.jpeg
Plan to stand in line for over 2 hours at the Roncesvalles albergue to get your bed assignment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
All the snow is gone from the Camino along the Napoleon route. Just some lingering along the sides.
Friday was a beautiful, sunny, though windy day. The food truck is back. Check out Auberge Borda just past Orisson. Fantastic, comfortable, lots of warm blankets. View attachment 123445
Plan to stand in line for over 2 hours at the Roncesvalles albergue to get your bed assignment.
What is the price range of the food truck, very expensive or acceptable?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Agree that prices are reasonable, not like US food truck prices. He usually has cheese, bananas, boiled eggs, hot and cold drinks if I remember.

View attachment 123446Friday was a beautiful, sunny, though windy day. The food truck is back. Check out Auberge Borda just past Orisson. Fantastic, comfortable, lots of warm blankets. View attachment 123445
Any reason for the 2 hour wait?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
You have to wait in line to pay, get your credential stamped, say if you want supper, breakfast and then be shown to your bunks. It is a big albergue and very popular because there are not many alternatives at the end of the stage.
I have stayed there twice before, and the things you mentioned were in place then, even when they weren't limited to 180 beds. I wondered if it was to do with Covid related procedures. Thank you for your reply.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
View attachment 123446

Friday was a beautiful, sunny, though windy day. The food truck is back. Check out Auberge Borda just past Orisson. Fantastic, comfortable, lots of warm blankets. View attachment 123445
Today 25 th of april
I left Saint Jean Pied de Port this morning , beautiful
Weather, Staying in Orisson tonight ! Weather forecast great for tomorrow tonRoncesvalkes too .. but of course it can change quickly !

There are no longer capacity limits in albergues and the mask mandate ended last week in Spain and France. Regarding the wait, there is one person processing pilgrims - with many volunteers keeping order.

I will go to Orrison monday and so over to Roncesvalles. Can anyone please tell me what the temperature and weather has been these last days? I was thinking Spain was hot so I was planning for light short pants and trail running shoes as only gear. Is it muddy, wet and cold up there now or I get over with a light gear?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I will go to Orrison monday and so over to Roncesvalles. Can anyone please tell me what the temperature and weather has been these last days? I was thinking Spain was hot so I was planning for light short pants and trail running shoes as only gear. Is it muddy, wet and cold up there now or I get over with a light gear?
ThomasNO,
Here is a future forecast for Roncesvalles weather. Walking next Tuesday might be a slog. Rain and mud would make all a mess. Plan ahead with at least some layers and a poncho.

Stay safe and Buen camino.

Last edited:
I learned on this forum that for an up to date weather forecast near the pass (much more important for planning than the current weather), check https://www.meteoblue.com/en/weather/14-days/col-de-bentarte_spain_3128263. Here is the 15 day forecast for April 28-May 11. Note the predictability of this forecast just below the temperatures and keep checking every day! (the range for these temps in farenheit
is highs in 50s and lows in the 40s) very chilly, especially if rainy.
1651164963094.png

Hi Thomas
I was in Orisson last Monday the 25th and the weather was sunny and cold
Part of the road is quite muddy since it has been snowing and raining in the Pyrenees
Now today I am
In Pamplona this Saturday a
and a jacket and fleece is appreciated on the morning and at night
Wearing g shorts is ok though during the day but don’t expect summer temperatures so far .. and don’t forget a sleeping bag at night
By the way if you stop at Orisson for the night try to sleep in the new Borda Albergue … so
Much nicer than the refuge
Burn Camino
I recommend Hostal Suseia in Zubiri, charming hostess , great dinner ,

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Thomas
I was in Orisson last Monday the 25th and the weather was sunny and cold
Part of the road is quite muddy since it has been snowing and raining in the Pyrenees
Now today I am
In Pamplona this Saturday a
and a jacket and fleece is appreciated on the morning and at night
Wearing g shorts is ok though during the day but don’t expect summer temperatures so far .. and don’t forget a sleeping bag at night
By the way if you stop at Orisson for the night try to sleep in the new Borda Albergue … so
Much nicer than the refuge
Burn Camino
I recommend Hostal Suseia in Zubiri, charming hostess , great dinner ,
Thanks for good advice.
Maybe dumb question, but is there any weather station that you "trust" or go to more than others? Thinking of May 12 - 24 but seems perhaps too early to predict. B

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Even in summer, weather can turn quickly in the mountains. It is not a technically difficult walk, but as others said, bring warm layers and rain gear. Just recently someone not adequately clothed had to be rescued from the section towards Roncesvalles.

Warm layers and rain gear are essentials for mountain hiking. If you don't need them, it's a good day. If you do need them and have them, it can still be a nice walk. If you need them and don't have them, it can mean everything between a miserable day, mild hypothermia, and having to be evacuated by mountain rescue (none of that is necessary if you have adequate clothing in your backpack as a backup plan).

Northern Spain in spring can have very varied weather in general. Don't expect the cliché postcard beach weather Spain. There can be hot days or even a heat wave, but it might also be cold and rainy.

Enjoy the pyrenees, they're lovely in all kinds of weather in my opinion :)

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Spain is a good size country with a variety of geography and weather conditions. Not all, nor most of Spain is hot. Perhaps a couple of recent threads would be useful reading.

Most read last week in this forum

Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back