Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Lodging at Lugo to Melide and Arzua onwards

wec

Hi
I'll be coming from the Primitivo to Melide to finish on the Frances. Does any one have a list of accommodations that I can book on these legs, starting with Lugo.
What are the guidebooks that I should get. I'm in Canada and these may not be readily available?

Thanks
Wen

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Re: L0dging at Lugo to Melide and Arzua onwards

Hi Wen,
There are a number of links already to the Lugo - Melide section - try here
camino-primitivo/topic4407.html#p52561

Blessings on your walking

Re: L0dging at Lugo to Melide and Arzua onwards

If you understand or can follow Spanish the Spanish booklet from 'Associacion de Amigos del Camino de Santiago Astur Galaico del Interior Tineo' is up to date (3rd edition this year) and has lots of info and telephone nos. etc. Try http://www.caminotineo.com or e-mail caminotineo@infoegocio.com
If not, Lugo to Melide can be done in one long, hard haul (50+ kms) and limited water sources, but it is usual to do stopovers. This Camino section needs selection of specific options of routes, which i also found a bit confusing. (Done in June this year). Note, in June Melide albergue was still under repair and there was no info regarding this posted on the Primitivo route as you enter Melide, to add to arrival fatigue & confusion. There IS a large municipal albergue alternative which is fine. Tourist info is within local museum in centre near main church, but once again not obvious.
Albergue at Lugo is modern & fine, but limited clothes washing. (Cold tap & bar of soap.)
Between Lugo and Melide there is :- San Roman de Retorta has a small 12 bed albergue, with said private alternatives around. Also a bar can help for alternative accommodation, the 'Taberna San Roman' telephone 982160016.
There is an alternative route split to Ferreira (? Pena da Galina) where at Ponte Ferreira there is 'Casa da ponte' tel. 982183077, mob. 689552329 where you can lodge and eat. Then next day 20km to Melide, possibility of accommodation in between is not known.
All this was quite confusing to me & I hope helps you & doesn't confuse you further ! !
From Melide onwards, is easy as on the C. Frances. Albergues, in sequence, at Ribadiso, Arzua (& 3 hotels), Santa Irene, Arca (Pedrouzo), (very nice) obviously Monte de Gozo with several private accomodation places on the route, too, for these last 50 odd kms.
Enjoy and buen camino !!
Valdis,England.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi Wen,

The Hotel Brios in Lugo is relatively cheap and nice.

There's a new albergue that opened about a month ago about 10km after San Roman which makes the Lugo - Melide leg more do-able.

Melide is very hard because the French trail joins the Primitivo. If you have tents you can ask at the first bar you get to after the pass if they will let you camp in their field - it's maybe 6K east of Melide, on the right hand side of the road. The owner is nice and let us camp in his field.

In Arzua there are lots of places - but it can be busy.

in Lavacolla the Hotel Garcas is just off the Camino and often is overlooked - it's cheap-ish and nice. (When you come to the "pipe" (by the wooden Camino sign) in Lavacolla turn left then first right, go straight then cross the busy main road and it's right in front of you).

Also there's a new hotel in Lavacolla on the Camino whose name escapes me.

I'd suggest Eric Walker's guide to the Camino Primitivo.

Buen Camino

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, I am having trouble finding any information regarding the stages on the Verde. Is there a current thread, please? Where would I cross over to the Verde from the Primitivo and is there...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.