• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Lost youtube video

gtdevon

Time of past OR future Camino
Madrid
Hi, about 10 to 12 months ago I saw a video on YouTube about a German lad (blondish) who turned up in northern Spain with plans to go on a walking/camping holiday along the top of Spain and to video his story. He had never heard or seen anything about any Camino or Santiago apart from being a place on the map. And was amazed to find out the Camino was a thing. Anyway, plans changed and he finished his first Camino and he edited the story with some very good filmmaking skills, I can not remember if it was the Camino Primitivo or Norte or another route. If any of you lovely people out there could help me and point me in the right direction we would appreciate it.
Edit, I found it, some of my remembrances were a bit off but it's here
Geoff.

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
You might be able to find it by going through your YouTube history. You can even search for terms like "camino" when on your history page.

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, chrome only goes back 90 days, I am trying Google "My Activity"
but with my work, I visit 100-plus YouTube pages a day and I am not even sure what month last year??

Was it all one long video instead of the daily vlogs that some YouTubers share? If so, do you have any recollection as to approximately how long the video was? Less than 30 minutes? Over an hour? Any other clues you can give us to narrow down the list of Primitivo or Norte videos would be of help.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi, it was probably 30mins or so, I seem to remember the lad tried wild camping on the first night which was not successful and he was back on the road at silly o'clock in the dark, found a house with a light on, and was invited in and given breakfast by an old hippy with a white beard, who seemed to be well known locally then took him to a restaurant/cafe/commune that he helped run with lots of people singing and stuff for the day.
Edit, I found it, some of my remembrances were a bit off but it's
HERE
Thank you everyone

Last edited:
Hi, it was probably 30mins or so, I seem to remember the lad tried wild camping on the first night which was not successful and he was back on the road at silly o'clock in the dark, found a house with a light on, and was invited in and given breakfast by an old hippy with a white beard, who seemed to be well known locally then took him to a restaurant/cafe/commune that he helped run with lots of people singing and stuff for the day.
Edit, I found it, some of my remembrances were a bit off but it's here https://youtu.be/3zLD1_7pIxI?si=PjZXcJz2F7EJRf-V
Thank you everyone
I got an "address not found" message for that link.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Another description that might make future searches for this successful:

A one hour video by Jakein titled "El Camino - My Journey through Northern Spain" with a YouTube video id of 3zLD1_7pIxI

Most read last week in this forum

Or do you prefer Cromwell's attitude? Put your trust in God and keep your powder dry. I am starting to get tired of the attitude that it isn't necessary to take reasonable care and thought...
Hi all, I’m starting my Camino Frances on May 12. I’ve booked my first night in SJPDP, but I’m starting to worry I need to book more. My plan was to take it day by day and just turn up, but lots...
Hello all. Here to give a brief account of my (and many others) first day on the Camino on May 1. The trip to Roncesvalles was tough. I went Valcarlos route because napoleon was very ill advised...
I struggle with social anxiety and I was wandering if anybody with the same issue had a positive experience on the Camino walking alone. I saw lots of posts and videos people talking about forming...
I am wondering how you disconnect, in part, from the world. I have a couple of reasons that I need to be accessible but, I don't want to be constantly connected on this journey. Ideas?
Hello, I have reserved a night in an Albergue and the confirmation says Fecha de entrada: 2024-06-05. In the UK we would write this as 05-06-2024, is that what this means, 5th June 2024, I am...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.