• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
  • 20% off everything Altus the next few days at the Camino Forum Store. More here. (Discount taken at check out)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Lugo - Santiago bus

Leemac40

Time of past OR future Camino
Baztan - September 2nd
Hi everyone, buen camino! I am planning my camino from oviedo to lugo then getting the bus to Santiago, is it best to book this bus or can you just pay on the day?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi everyone, buen camino! I am planning my camino from oviedo to lugo then getting the bus to Santiago, is it best to book this bus or can you just pay on the day?
Generally the driver can not sell you a ticket and so you need to buy a ticket beforehand from an agent or the bus station. Buying it on the day, just before you leave is certainly a possibility. I have no idea how busy that route is though so I can't give advice on if it might be prudent to buy it before your day of departure.

I'm a bit of a pro planner which I did want to avoid on the camino but due to time constraints and covid regs in Albergue have booked everything so will go ahead and book the bus just to be sure, thanks for help Doughnut..... Love the name 🍩😁

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
If you are riding on Alsa their website is in English, just click on the tab on top and it is super easy to buy tickets.

Since you will be taking the bus to Santiago I'm assuming that you don't want to receive a Compostela?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Alsa.com is in English. Alsa.es is in Spanish.

We've just turned up and bought tickets in Lugo but I always feel more relaxed if I've bought on line ahead of time.

Alsa is owned by the UK National Express coach operator.

Yes, you can buy a ticket the same day at the bus station. A big station with different time schedules to Santiago. If you have to wait for one hour or two there is a nice bar next to the station :) Good Luck and Buen Camino on the Primitivo

Most read last week in this forum

Wife and I would like to take the train from Santiago to Barcelona after our pilgrimage. Online information has been confusing. 11 hours to 6 hours? Through Madrid? Where to buy tickets. Which...
Hi my flight arrives in Madrid T1 on Friday 19th July at 19.35 and trying to get the train to Leon from Chamartin Clara Camp station which leaves at 20.24. What's the chance of making the...
hi all! I am heading to camino de santiago in august (doing the last 100k) and after 4 days of walking i'd love to end my trip to spain relaxing on a beach. My question is, which beach is the...
Hi. We are planning the second stage of the route from Le Puy having finished in Conques last time. I realise it isn't blessed with lots of transport options so we are trying to work out...
My grandson wants to walk Camino from Sarria to Santiago with me during his holidays in October. How to get Sarria?
Hi Friends! Lauren here :) We are having a blast on our Camino, just reached Baiona yesterday. I need help. I’ve tried countless times to book the train from Vigo to Lisbon on June 24th and...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back